FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Capital One Reconsideration: 800-625-7866

Print Wikipost

C1 application process (all cards)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2022, 6:10 pm
ffI

Programs: AA EXP2M, DL 1MM DM ext, UA PP <=> HH G/Marr PE/Hyatt G/IHG P FT RA ( Recovering Addict)
in our experience - 8 player family mode - 7 for venture X first - no issues then got the Cash PLUS 300k after meeting 10k spend
Player 8 got the Cash PLUS first (300k bonus- did not want to wait) - Venture X declined - reapplied 6 months later - approved

A few have 2 cards from Cap one before application
I think during rollout they approved a lot of Venture X easily - that may not be repeated - as in the past they have been very hard to get approvals.
I can not speak for all 8, but I think for most the other card applications were going full tilt in the meantime in between the C1 cards
Originally Posted by Boraxo
Does CapOne reject Biz card applicants who have multiple recent inquiries on credit report?
If so how long do I need to wait since the most recent inquiry?
Last month I applied for a new Chase Ink card (approved) but was declined by Citi a few minutes after Chase because I had "too many recent apps". No other inquiries or new cards in 2022.
I have 2 CrapOne personal cards that date back 20+ years so I gather I can only apply for Biz card unless I close a personal card.
Old Sep 4, 2022, 6:12 pm
ffI

Programs: AA EXP2M, DL 1MM DM ext, UA PP <=> HH G/Marr PE/Hyatt G/IHG P FT RA ( Recovering Addict)
Guilty as charged - Citi recently denied me a card - I should have downgraded at start of pandemic rather than close the Citi cards
But diuring roll out of the Venture X and the Cash PLUS it was not an issue
Originally Posted by bballcards
People that have difficulty with C1 have extensively positive credit profiles, with high credit scores and tons of cards from other banks. In other words, they hate people that are likely applying to take advantage of sign up bonuses.
Old Sep 5, 2022, 5:42 am

Programs: Wyndham Diamond
Originally Posted by bballcards
People that have difficulty with C1 have extensively positive credit profiles, with high credit scores and tons of cards from other banks. In other words, they hate people that are likely applying to take advantage of sign up bonuses.
Sigh. This is me. I just applied for Venture X and was denied. I had been "gardening" my profile for a few months just to apply to this card, since I found out I was to have a long layover at DFW in my upcoming travel plan. I want to go to the C1 DFW lounge to chill during my layover (who needs a stinky Amex lounge).

New accounts in the last 24 months: 5 (plus 3 Amex Biz Plats)
Score: 810 range
Inquiries: EX12 EQ4 TU4
Utilization: 1% typically
Active accounts: 12 open (3 as AU) + mortgage + 16 closed
Average age of credit: 7+ years
Oldest active account: ~30 years
Total extended credit: $60k + mortgage
Previous C1 experience: AU on spouse's Quicksilver card

Instant denial.

We can't approve you for this card today...
We know you're disappointed, and we've explained why we couldn't approve you in a letter you'll receive within 7-10 business days.
I will call recon after I receive said letter.
Old Sep 5, 2022, 5:40 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by happychic
If some of those are recent, my money is on that as the reason for the denial.
Old Sep 5, 2022, 6:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Sigh. This is me. I just applied for Venture X and was denied. I had been "gardening" my profile for a few months just to apply to this card, since I found out I was to have a long layover at DFW in my upcoming travel plan. I want to go to the C1 DFW lounge to chill during my layover (who needs a stinky Amex lounge).

Score: 810 range
Inquiries: EX12 EQ4 TU4
Utilization: 1% typically
Active accounts: 12 open (3 as AU) + mortgage + 16 closed
Average age of credit: 7+ years
Oldest active account: ~30 years
Total extended credit: $60k + mortgage
Previous C1 experience: AU on spouse's Quicksilver card.....
My profile is very similar to yours except that I have never been a AU on any CapOne cards and my inquiries on EX were only 4. I was instantly approved. Go figure. Why are your EX inquiries so high (12)? Don't they drop off after abt 24 months? That could be your problem.

Last edited by philemer; Sep 5, 2022 at 6:35 pm
Old Sep 6, 2022, 3:18 am

Originally Posted by dayone
If some of those are recent, my money is on that as the reason for the denial.
They are not too recent.

0/6
2/12
5/24

Jan 2022
Nov 2021
​​​​​Jan 2021
Dec 2020
Dec 2020
Old Sep 6, 2022, 3:25 am

Originally Posted by philemer
My profile is very similar to yours except that I have never been a AU on any CapOne cards and my inquiries on EX were only 4. I was instantly approved. Go figure. Why are your EX inquiries so high (12)? Don't they drop off after abt 24 months? That could be your problem.
Where I live (CA) Chase and Amex always pull from EX. I had a couple of denials from Chase and Amex, most notably Chase biz cards. The other inquiries are from my "normal" card app credit pulls and mortgage refi inquiries.
Old Sep 6, 2022, 8:22 am

Programs: AA BA CO DL UA US
I got the Capital One Venture X in Feb 2022. I would like the Venture card, which has a 75k point bonus offer now. So, I checked for pre-approvals from Capital One. Venture doesn't show up. Does that mean if I apply for the Venture, I will be denied?
Old Sep 6, 2022, 8:26 am

Programs: AA BA CO DL UA US
Originally Posted by tpsmith82
Just applied for the C1 Venture card and was approved instantly with a $10K limit. I had previously applied for the C1 X card, and was approved, back in 11/2021. I also have the CO Quicksilver card that I have had probably since 2014. I don't put any spend on the quicksilver and I put enough for my SUB on the C1X card and then basically shelved it. Good to see I can get both cards as I'm in 2 player mode and might have my wife do the same thing soon.

Thanks for data point. I am looking to get the Capital One Venture too. I got the Venture X in Feb 2022. How many cards have you got in x/6, y/12, z/24?
Old Sep 7, 2022, 8:30 pm

Originally Posted by ffI
in our experience - 8 player family mode - 7 for venture X first - no issues then got the Cash PLUS 300k after meeting 10k spend
Player 8 got the Cash PLUS first (300k bonus- did not want to wait) - Venture X declined - reapplied 6 months later - approved

A few have 2 cards from Cap one before application
I think during rollout they approved a lot of Venture X easily - that may not be repeated - as in the past they have been very hard to get approvals.
I can not speak for all 8, but I think for most the other card applications were going full tilt in the meantime in between the C1 cards
could you give us insight into freezing 1/3 CRAs? did u let cap1 pull all 3? also, for the business, did you do EIN and instant approval? curious if any recon / interrogation was required for any players and biz docs?
Old Sep 7, 2022, 9:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
I got a "denial" letter from the pre-approval page(!) because C1 was unable to do a soft inquiry due to a permanent freeze on my CRA reports. If I unfreeze the reports can I revisit the online pre-approval process or is it one-and-done for some period of time? Also not sure if I am barred from just applying directly for a card (or by phone) after failing the pre-approval.
Old Sep 10, 2022, 4:51 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by opus2002
Thanks for data point. I am looking to get the Capital One Venture too. I got the Venture X in Feb 2022. How many cards have you got in x/6, y/12, z/24?
Not sure if your looking for numbers prior to these application, but just so you know, these will be without the C1 Venture approval, but up until that date.

P1 - 0/6 2/12 3/24

P2 - 1/6 2/12 5/24
opus2002 likes this.
Old Sep 17, 2022, 8:01 am

To follow up on my C1 Venture X application, I called recon to see about having my app re-evaluated. I talked to two different reps. Both were courteous but they both had the same message: all they could do is to re-submit my application again. C1 does not have any underwriters, whatever the computer says, sticks. This seems to align with previous reports of recon calls from earlier C1 threads.

After my second attempt, I used P3's info to apply for Venture X. Instant approval with $10k limit.

P3 is retired, has a small fraction of income that I do, but has a total credit limit larger than mine. He has 9 open credit accounts, 7 closed. 1% utilization. Credit score also around 810 range. 1/6, 3/12, 3/24. No prior relationship with C1.

I added myself as AU to P3's new Venture X card. The form did not ask for my SSN, so hopefully this card will not appear on my credit profile. Cards should arrive next week.

I hope this helps someone. C1 is... interesting.
MaxVO likes this.
Old Sep 17, 2022, 9:13 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
....The form did not ask for my SSN, so hopefully this card will not appear on my credit profile.
Nonetheless, it will. See here and there are other reports: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33903248-post157.html
happychic likes this.
Old Sep 17, 2022, 9:16 am

... C1 is... interesting.
Somehow I always correlated C1 approvals with lack of interest -- i.e. when a person hasn't applied for their products in a year, that's reason for them to approve. Nothing else seems to make a difference.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.