Capital One Reconsideration: 800-625-7866

Print Wikipost

C1 application process (all cards)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2021, 10:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, WN, UA, Bonvoy, Hertz
C1 application process (all cards)

No mention if MC or V, but I am guessing WEMC because of the cell phone insurance. Card has clear payback it seems with SUB and to annual bonuses, and I am guessing this is one of the first Capital One cards without a grandfather AF option (like early Venture or Savor holders have).

Decent card.
Old Nov 4, 2021, 10:29 am

The Capital One travel portal isn't ideal but it isn't a deal breaker for me, didn't even know they had a travel portal to begin with.

Anyone got data points on the SUB rules with Capital One? Are you able to get multiple SUBs or require a waiting period like Chase? I had Venture card and got the SUB in 2016 and cancelled the card in 2018.
Old Nov 4, 2021, 10:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rasheed
No mention if MC or V, but I am guessing WEMC because of the cell phone insurance. Card has clear payback it seems with SUB and to annual bonuses, and I am guessing this is one of the first Capital One cards without a grandfather AF option (like early Venture or Savor holders have).

Decent card.
Visa Infinite according to OMAAT.
Old Nov 4, 2021, 11:46 am

Programs: World of Hyatt, Marriott Bonvoy, Hilton Honors, UA Mileage Plus
Looking forward to 3 hard pulls and a rejection.

All these cards that have credits you can only get via their portal are a PIA. If you do use the portal the card is essentially free with the 10k annual bonus. Hard to imagine benefits stick around long term.

Don’t see the care getting much spend beyond the SUB to be honest.

Best hope is that this pressures Chase into a 2x everywhere card.
Old Nov 4, 2021, 12:10 pm

Definitely feels like the trend is moving away from easy to use travel credits. I hope Chase doesn't feel they can change theirs or Amex with the Bonvoy Brilliant. I agree the portal ones are PIA. Amex's you spend more than the $200.. I imagine Capital One's will at least be useful in find sub $300 hotels so you aren't truly out of pocket.

I wonder if they might do an upgrade offer for Venture customers. Doubtful, but would be nice.
Old Nov 4, 2021, 1:02 pm

Originally Posted by rasheed

Decent card.
I read it was a Visa Infinite Card.
Old Nov 4, 2021, 1:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Not a really bog surprise news. Everything so far is at par except of the $10k spend.
Old Nov 4, 2021, 2:12 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by Dreamwalker
I agree the portal ones are PIA. Amex's you spend more than the $200.. I imagine Capital One's will at least be useful in find sub $300 hotels so you aren't truly out of pocket.
At least the CapitalOne credit can be applied against airfare booked through their portal. Of course, most people on here probably know they should only use it for tickets they know they are going to use and will not need to change... and probably for tickets you buy closer in to departure so you know you won't be subject to a huge airline schedule change.
Old Nov 4, 2021, 4:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Arrow C1 application process (all cards)

Has any Fter been instantly approved by C1? What are the kind of scores needed to be approved? If I get this or can upgrade my existing Venture One card, I might keep it around permanently.
Old Nov 4, 2021, 5:37 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by UA Fan
Has any Fter been instantly approved by C1? What are the kind of scores needed to be approved? If I get this or can upgrade my existing Venture One card, I might keep it around permanently.
I was instantly approved for the Venture card two years ago with about a 720 score. Was 3/24 at the time, previous approval was AMEX four months earlier. Discover 6 months before that.

Great reviews on the new lounge and excited to check it out! Even with the Venture card only, it states two complimentary visits per year, but will probably apply for this new card too.
Old Nov 4, 2021, 6:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tstauck
I was instantly approved for the Venture card two years ago with about a 720 score. Was 3/24 at the time, previous approval was AMEX four months earlier. Discover 6 months before that.

Great reviews on the new lounge and excited to check it out! Even with the Venture card only, it states two complimentary visits per year, but will probably apply for this new card too.
Do you carry any balances or have any Balance Transfers?
Old Nov 5, 2021, 3:47 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz PC
Do you carry any balances or have any Balance Transfers?
When I applied for the Venture card about 2 years ago, I don't recall carrying any balances at the time, but if so it would have been <3% credit utilization. No balance transfers during that time period. As mentioned above, instant approval!
Old Nov 6, 2021, 1:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...

Anyone know if the 100k signup bonus has an end date? Never had a CapOne card and might be interested in giving this a try, but probably not until January (starting to work on Amex Aspire $8k free night offer and just put directed some large spend at my AS card for EQMs).
Old Nov 7, 2021, 7:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MojoGuru
Capital One has come a long ways from the Credit One knockoff days.

They still seem stingy with approvals.
Old Nov 7, 2021, 4:03 pm

Programs: Flying Blue, Hilton Honors, Amtrak Guest Rewards
They still seem stingy with approvals.
Borderline subprime is still in their DNA, IME.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.