Wiki Posts
Search

Something Weird.....

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2000, 9:02 pm
Company Representative - Air Canada
Original Poster

Something Weird.....

I was just looking at the loadings on my return flight from HKG - YYZ.

The YVR - YYZ portion (CP 994) is very empty with probably 20 people in Y so far but ITN is showing J7Y7 then everything else 0!!! This flight is operated by CP and a 767 but seat map shows the business layout with 6 rows and 2-2-2 which is AC's layout. This is the case for everyday. I am particular worry because my ticket is a N class and if they switch it to a AC aircraft it will not be eligible for UPG and I will not be a happy guy...
Old May 21, 2000, 9:47 pm
formerly ssw207

Programs: BAGld, JLJGC, TK*G, EK-G, HH Dia,IHG Amb-PE, Bonvoy Gd, Shangrila DM
My flight today on AC10 HKG-YYZ was 100% full in Y, and 90% full in J. Checked ITN the day before departure and it was Y WL, J WL.

Read my trip report for more details.
Old May 23, 2000, 1:26 am

I had a flight booked on the now defunct CP89 LHR-YYZ in November. This has been changed to an Air Canada flight http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/eek.gif but the EP desk at YVR has confirmed my upgrade is still valid.
Old May 23, 2000, 5:33 am
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
I have had good success when flights have been cancelled getting upgraded on the other carrier (AC cancelled AC flights and put me on CP upgraded).
Old May 23, 2000, 8:51 am

Location: Winnipeg Canada, Cambridge England. CP - EP (R.I.P.) formerly AC-SE now lower than the lowest low.
All of my bookings complete with confirmed upgrades (including a business class award seat to LHR for my daughter) have been protected on AC after the CP flights were cancelled.

Stewart.
Old May 26, 2000, 9:40 am
Original Poster

While I still haven't solve the mystery as to why he CP flight's seat map has AC's configuration.

Something else more interesting, on Jun 4, there will be a YVR - YYZ operated with a CP 747-400 (CP 570 leaves 15:30.. I missed it by 1 day!!) and on Jun 5 YYZ - YVR (CP 981 leaves 08:15). Are they short of aircraft causing them to use the 747-400 that usually layover in YVR overnight?
Old May 26, 2000, 4:11 pm
ALW

Why don't you call CP and see what seats would be available if you were to buy a Business Class ticket?

andrew
Old Jun 3, 2000, 8:16 am
Original Poster

I think I have solved half the mystery. Seems like they have changed the flight from a 767 to a A320 (which I hated) but ITN used the 767 seat map for the A320.

However, that particular flight (CP 994 YVR - YYZ) is showing zeros in all class for several days in a row while the other flights are open in most classes. I am just hoping they are not going to cancel that flight.

Anyone have any ideas as to what happened to the confirmed upgrade when your flight is cancelled or change of aircraft?

Empress
Old Jun 3, 2000, 9:16 am

Location: Winnipeg Canada, Cambridge England. CP - EP (R.I.P.) formerly AC-SE now lower than the lowest low.
Empress, On my July flights to England, the schedule has gone through 2 changes (CP > AC > time change). I am travelling on a "H" fare upgraded at time of booking, my daughter is on a "J" award ticket, and our Brazilian exchange student is on an "H" fare that I upgraded at time of booking as a "companion" upgrade. We have been protected in "J" on all the changes.

Stewart.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.