Wiki Posts
Search

All about CP

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 1999, 7:39 pm
Company Representative - Air Canada
Original Poster

All about CP

Haven't been here for a while, was quite busy the last 5 days...anyways, I am here in YVR with my family, my trip here from YYZ was very nice as I manage to upgrade two of us 72 hours prior and the third one at the gate...and I also qualified for Gold for next year... However, looking at all the talks about SE and Plat qualifications, I have know people who CP gave them Gold with just 20000 miles(1 roundtrip to HK) and 40000 for Platium, I guess it all depends on how you ask them and how you describe your situation...

However, I am going to LAX in a couple days and I am not able to get even get myself upgraded...funny situation, there was 11 seats before the 100 hour mark, when the 72 hours mark came, only 3 left??? I was quite optimistic about that, however, not anymore.. However, the checkin agent back in YYZ told me that the standby list at the airport is NOT based on status, it is a "first come first serve" basis..standby list cannot start before the 2 hour mark and there are also no waiting list for R class seat when you call in to upgrade and it is not available...only for Platinum...

Anyway, any suggestions again on how to get upgraded between YVR - LAX, I hope to upgrade at least one of us...

Regards,
Empress
Old Jul 19, 1999, 7:58 am
ALW

Congratulations on getting two upgrades, and the Gold status!

It's interesting what the agent said about waitlisting for an upgrade through reservations. The gate agent at LAX told me that reservations did maintain a list. But my Gold package (which came on Friday) clearly states there's no waitlisting. What the agent told you about upgrading at the gate is 100% consistent with what the agent told me at LAX: first come, first served (except they took my boarding pass at 50 minutes before departure, and gave me the upgrade at 20 minutes before; maybe waiting for no-shows to, err, not show).

I'm beginning to think the phone agents who say they'll put me on a waitlist are just being nice. Guess I'll have to keep calling and calling.

Thanks for the info!

andrew

[This message has been edited by Andrew Webber (edited 07-19-1999).]
Old Jul 19, 1999, 8:45 am
Company Representative - Air Canada
Original Poster

I have tried 8 agents in the last 2 days, not one said they can waitlist me...I guess you have to get yourself on the standby list for upgrade right at the 2 hour mark...

Regards,
Empress

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.