Wiki Posts
Search

LHR - YYZ + discoveries on this trip

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 1999, 2:18 am
Company Representative - Air Canada
Original Poster

LHR - YYZ + discoveries on this trip

Just returned from my trip in LHR. The flight was very unevemtful, got seat 1G, do we ever get those single seats on the left side without buying a J class ticket. Good food and service is usual with the "forced" smile from the FA. 2 Empty seats on this flight.
If you are travelling solo, never pick seat 1G on 767 cause the seat pocket is located on the window seat and the guy beside you will climb over you to get the stuff, at least that's what happened on my flight today.

Couple of discoveries on this trip.

1. When I checked in, the agent first told me there are instructions on the screen tell her to collect upgrade stickers. (BA agent at LHR), I gave it to her, she held it for neearly 5 mins trying to figure out what to do with it, she then had her little "oneworld" handbook and called CP ticket sales and asked what to do with it. I told her that it is usually placed on the ticket, she wouldn't listen. Took me 10 mins to check in. And I thought that BA and CP were partners long before 'oneworld', don't they have to handle the same thing everyday.

2. next, after I got my boarding pass, I found out that I am holding a "J" class boarding pass even though it is an upgrade, which suggested that when I call in for an upgrade, they will do so when ther are J seats left, the agent only ask me what color sticker I am going to be using. If this is true, then I wasted a lot of time worrying whether they have "R" class. Does anyone have this experience? This will come in handy, at least I got 25% bonus status miles for sure.

3. It'll be easy to not use upgrade stickers at LHR if you're travelling the 2145 out of LHR because only one CP agent is working the night shift, rest are BA agents. They only take the portion of your boarding pass and scan it, don't even look at the ticket.

Need to confirm 2 and 3. However, taking 10 mins to check in really pissed me off. I usually check in in about 1 min in Canada. However, I got the 25% bonus.

Anyway, found out that BA's lounge is nothing compared to CP's. Missed those computers and food at CP's lounge.

Need suggestion on this:
I'll be travelling in July with family, 3 people in a booking, however, I can only bring one with me, what to do with the remaining one, how to convince the agent to do that too. (They are only Club members.) I am the only one who is Gold.

Another thing is I flew Alaska on May 26 and still haven't got my miles yet, should I start worrying?

When are they ever going to get rid of those Sony TV on 767, they are small and hard to watch with the glare, how come they can't install the in seat video as well.

Regards,
Empress
Old Jun 17, 1999, 10:34 am
Original Member

Programs: CX DM, JGC Sapphire, FWC Gold
Empress:

Don't worry about your points on Alaska Airline. I travelled on AS on May 7 and the points appeared on the online statement on June 11. So I think you don't have to worry about it so early.

Regarding the extra 25% bonus, if your boarding pass is marked J class, then for sure you will get the bonus, as I have experienced that before. (But only once, YUL-FCO)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.