Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Canadian Airlines Plus
Reload this Page >

New Membership Guide is nice, but ......

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 1999, 4:27 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: CX DM, JGC Sapphire, FWC Gold

Today, I received my brand new membership from CP, it was so nicly printed. however, I found out that my copy was full of paging errors. So I called the CPlus, but I had been waiting for almost half an hour, no one still picked up the phone.

Hope not all of the membership guides hadn't got the paging error that I had.

Moreover, I found out that Asian residents could only earn 0.5 point for each mile they travelled in the CX discounted economy. I don't think it's too fair and how do they classify members Asian residents or non-Asian residents, by their addresses?
Old Apr 14, 1999, 9:12 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA, SQ, AA, QF, CX, VS
Unfortunately, I think that is the only way CPlus can tell you apart. Which is your mailng address. So the only way to avoid getting half points on CX flights is to 'move' your CPlus address elsewhere. If you live permenantely in Asia, try getting a friend or relative's address elsewhere and changing it with CPlus before you travel on your discounted CX ticket.

I haven't received my new membership guide yet, Chatter, is this only for Asia-based members? My mailing address is the UK.

Thanks.
Old Apr 14, 1999, 11:42 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: CX DM, JGC Sapphire, FWC Gold
I am also living in Canada too, but my mother is living in HK. She had gone to UK a month ago with CX. If I could know that she would only receive half of the points, I would definitely change her address back to my place.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.