Wiki Posts
Search

YVR Parking

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2008, 4:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE, UA PLAT, EK GOLD, Hilton Diamond
YVR Parking

Anyone know the cheapest long term parking near YVR?
Old Jul 9, 2008, 7:29 pm

There is a park and ride in Richmond.
Park there and take the bus.
Total cost = 5.25 round trip
Old Jul 10, 2008, 9:15 am

Programs: United MileagePlus Silver, Nexus, Global Entry
I certainly wouldn't leave my car long-term in a Translink Park-n-Ride.
Old Jul 10, 2008, 6:13 pm

Programs: AC E75, SPG Plat, HH peon-by-choice (ex Gold)
I wouldn't leave my car in the long-term YVR lot.
Old Jul 10, 2008, 6:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
Depending on where you live, how long you're travelling for, and how much you value your time, a taxi may be a better option. Generally, more than 3 days would make taxi a better option for those residing in Vancouver proper (less if you live closer to the airport).

There doesn't seem to be too many options other than the yvr.ca lots and the Park 'n Fly. The Days Inn/Hampton Inn complex on Bridgeport Road seem to have some fencer-off parking facilities.
Old Jul 10, 2008, 6:32 pm

Just to state the obvious, Park N Fly and the YVR long term lot are the two that come to mind (since they're the only ones I've ever used). I've found pricing between the two comparable depending on the current coupon (check their websites) being offered.
Old Jul 10, 2008, 6:47 pm

Originally Posted by YVR Cockroach
Depending on where you live, how long you're travelling for, and how much you value your time, a taxi may be a better option. Generally, more than 3 days would make taxi a better option for those residing in Vancouver proper (less if you live closer to the airport).
As mentioned, it depends on where you live obviously but pricing btw taxi and long term parking can be close enough to be a toss up. Haven't taken a taxi to or from YVR in a few years but I last remember it being about $30 each way to my place in the northeast end of Vancouver proper. Park N Fly has a coupon for $55 for the week. Although I hate leaving my car in a lot, I kind of enjoy driving home from YVR after a trip.
Old Jul 11, 2008, 10:57 am

Programs: AC E75, SPG Plat, HH peon-by-choice (ex Gold)
Depending on where you live, how long you're travelling for, and how much you value your time, a taxi may be a better option.
Another consideration is how much you value your car.
Old Jul 11, 2008, 11:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Braindrain
Another consideration is how much you value your car.
The one we have been parking at the airport is a 15 y.o. Suzuki (maybe newer when we first started parking there) which I would wager no one would want to steal.
Old Jul 11, 2008, 11:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Jay71
Although I hate leaving my car in a lot, I kind of enjoy driving home from YVR after a trip.
I usually arrive from outside the country so I like to be on my way home in a taxi before you even get anywhere near the parking shuttle pickup (and waiting for it, etc.) I like in your direction but some 5-8 km closer.
Old Jul 12, 2008, 12:19 am

How about Airport Transit?
usually $40 per way.
Old Jul 15, 2008, 3:39 am
Suspended

Also may consider Delta hotel's park+hotel package. Give them a call for current rates. I found it to be good value.
Old Dec 4, 2019, 9:16 pm

Long-term Value Parking Lot

Can anyone give me info about the Long-Term Value Lot?
- Says the train comes every 6-20min. In midday, does it come closer to q6 or q20min?
- Looking at Google Earth, it seems like a big lot with very long walk to the train station from much of the lot. I'd imagine it'd be miserable to walk across such huge lot in rain with suitcases. How does that work?
- Is it relatively safe (ie, cars don't get broken into)?

I've always used Jetset, which was great because the prices were reasonable, you never had to walk far to get to the nearest covered shuttle stop, and you never had to wait more than 7-8 minutes for the shuttle. But as you know, they've changed things at Jetset where it's now semi-valet and you have to hand over your car keys which I'm not willing to do.
Old Dec 10, 2019, 3:48 pm

Programs: UA JAL
Rates for parking can be found on YVR's website here:

Parking | YVR

I personally used jetSet parking a few times and didn't have a problem with it except I felt the bus connection frequency was longer than 5 minutes. The reason why value lot's train connection say every 6-20 minutes is because it's part of the public transit system. The value lot is now next to the outlet mall and employee parking. The exact timing for the train can be found here:

https://www.translink.ca/Schedules-a...nada-Line.aspx

Don't forget there's a 24% tax on the parking fee and then another 5% on top of that. So if it's $10 for parking, then it's $2.40 for parking tax and plus 5% of $12.40.
Old Dec 17, 2019, 12:59 pm

The one we have been parking at the airport is a 15 y.o. Suzuki (maybe newer when we first started parking there) which I would wager no one would want to steal.
The most common stolen cars are common cars needed for parts. A Honda Accord is such a car.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.