Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Canada
Reload this Page >

Did I do customs wrong at Toronto? I didn't get a passport stamp.

Old Dec 7, 2019, 2:26 am
Original Poster

I was flying from the USA and didn't get a stamp. They gave me no declaration card on the plane so I used the kiosk to scan my passport, ask me how long I was staying, take my picture, etc. I took the kiosk receipt up to the counter and she swiped my receipt with a red marker after asking how long I was staying and that is basically all that happened. I gave the receipt to someone else and he took it and let me through and I went upstairs to catch my next flight. I'm worried that I did it wrong because I was overwhelmed and told it would be a hassle. Can I get some reassurance?
Old Dec 7, 2019, 3:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by 97Nixk
I was flying from the USA and didn't get a stamp. They gave me no declaration card on the plane so I used the kiosk to scan my passport, ask me how long I was staying, take my picture, etc. I took the kiosk receipt up to the counter and she swiped my receipt with a red marker after asking how long I was staying and that is basically all that happened. I gave the receipt to someone else and he took it and let me through and I went upstairs to catch my next flight. I'm worried that I did it wrong because I was overwhelmed and told it would be a hassle. Can I get some reassurance?
As a non-resident Canadian Citizen with 30 intl arrivals into YYZ, that seems like the procedure since the implementation of the passport scanning kiosk.
Old Dec 8, 2019, 7:10 am

Programs: AC 75K
Originally Posted by 97Nixk
If you use the kiosk your passport is not stamped.
Old Dec 13, 2019, 5:10 am

Programs: BA Silver; IHG Spire; Avis P+; Global Entry
its been like this for a few years now (at least 2017 for me), nothing to worry about at all. (I have been about 8-9 times since the stamping has stopped with no issues)
Old Dec 13, 2019, 5:11 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Have not had a stamp for years. And it has nothing to do with customs.
Old Dec 17, 2019, 10:38 pm

Programs: UA Premier Platinum
Stamping of US passports by Canadian immigration (and vice versa) has always been sporadic.
Old Dec 17, 2019, 11:04 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by eigenvector
Stamping of US passports by Canadian immigration (and vice versa) has always been sporadic.
It’s not just US passports.
aidy likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2019, 9:04 am

Programs: United MileagePlus, SkyMiles, AAdvantage, NEXUS

Passport stamping for permanent residents and foreign nationals

• The CBSA no longer stamps all passports at airports with Primary Inspection Kiosks.
  • If you need a stamp in your passport as a proof of entry into Canada you must request a stamp from a border services officer after completing a kiosk transaction.
  • If your passport is not stamped, you are only authorized to stay in Canada for up to 6 months from the day you initially entered Canada, or until your passport expires, whichever comes first.
  • If the border services officer authorizes a period of stay of some other duration, either more or less than 6 months, the officer may issue you a document and should stamp your passport indicating the date by which you must leave Canada.
https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/travel-v...wbdisable=true

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.