Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Canada
Reload this Page >

Trying to ID a Building from Google Earth

Old Nov 29, 2007, 11:42 pm
Original Poster

Does anyone recognize the building in this google satellite image and know if it's vacant? It's on Finch Ave, just east of the 427.
Old Nov 30, 2007, 2:28 am
Suspended

There is no link to an image.
Old Nov 30, 2007, 4:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

the buildings N of Finch look like a shipping yard..

http://maps.google.com/maps?client=s...&t=h&z=15&om=0

too bad street view is only in USA right now.
Old Nov 30, 2007, 8:06 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MapleLeaf
There is no link to an image.
Doh, it was late LOL.

http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=4...&t=h&z=17&om=1
Old Nov 30, 2007, 2:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The one nearest Finch looks like an ordinary apartment. The one with the square top arial.
Old Dec 1, 2007, 1:41 pm
Suspended

I think it is part of Etobicoke General Hospital.
Old Dec 1, 2007, 8:18 pm
Original Poster

The piece of land I'm asking about is on the north side of Finsh, between Humber College and Humberline. Looks like a small office building and a large warehouse. The reason I ask is my employer just bought 70 or so acres in that area for a new facility, but all they said was "Finch/427 area". The rumour mill says the land has a building on it that may or may not be kept and has a ton of vacant land attached. This piece seemed to jump out at me from the aerial image.
Old Dec 3, 2007, 10:30 pm

Programs: AC, AA, UA, BA, Hilton
Dan,

From your description of the location (not so clear on the map though) it may be a three or four story small office complex that has a warehouse directly behind it, with the entrance to the warehouse on the side street, and the office building parking lots both in front on Finch, and also off of the side street to the east. Behind the warehouse is a large field, and above that field is the Bay warehouse complex.
The small warehouse (if I'm correct) used to be the old Kellogg's warehouse, and I think it was leased several times after Kelloggs left the site. Several new small warehouse sites were built on the side street directly across from that one.
I used to work in the area, and going by your description, I'm guessing that's where you mean.

bj-21.
Old Feb 8, 2008, 2:21 am

Programs: UA, AC, AA, DL, AS, WN
it could be the former stoddart publishing distribution centre.
Old Mar 17, 2008, 12:08 pm

This is the former Kelloggs warehouse. There was a small rise office building at the front of the complex, but this was demolished last year. The property has been for sale/lease for a couple of years, but in the past month or two the for sale signs have been marked as "SOLD".
Old Mar 17, 2008, 12:23 pm

Programs: PR Premier Elite
http://wikimapia.org/#lat=43.734763&...16&l=0&m=a&v=2
Old Apr 20, 2008, 8:18 pm
Original Poster

Turns out this is the property my employer has bought. There was an employee meeting there on Saturday, and hopefully I'll hear about it on Monday or Tuesday. Should be a couple years yet before we start sending 500 or so trucks a day down Finch Ave.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.