Wiki Posts
Search

Flying in eastern Canada...really expensive

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2008, 5:56 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Flying in eastern Canada...really expensive

I'm guessing this is the result of the near monopoly of Air Canada, but wow it's expensive to fly in eastern Canada. I can get from my hometown to Asia or Europe for cheaper. Also, I'm not sure why exactly flying from St. John's to Moncton or Halifax should cost $500. The joy of no competition I guess.
Old Apr 7, 2008, 8:17 pm

Programs: AC E75, SPG Plat, HH peon-by-choice (ex Gold)
If you can get to Asia for $500 a/i, please let me know about it.
Old Apr 10, 2008, 9:01 am
B1

Try Westjet. I checked fares from St. John's to Halifax and there are pretty low seat sales, less than $100. You have to pick the right dates.
Old Apr 16, 2008, 12:11 am

Originally Posted by B1
Try Westjet. I checked fares from St. John's to Halifax and there are pretty low seat sales, less than $100. You have to pick the right dates.
Not always the case, sometimes I feel like WS is working side to side with AC or ripping people off. most of the time, their fare is within $50 less than AC. They drove Jetsgo out of business, and now both have a monopoly over the market.
Nextime, I'm flying TPA-YYZ, I prefer connecting in DTW or EWR than going nonstop. Hopefully, I won't have to wait for my bag to arrive 45-60 minutes at YYZ. Last time AC did that to me, it took about an hour and a half to get our bags out. That day was a mess, and everyone was angry at AC. YYZ is a failure in my opinion.
Old Apr 16, 2008, 10:31 pm

Programs: United MileagePlus Silver, Nexus, Global Entry
Originally Posted by KTPA
They drove Jetsgo out of business
Jetsgo drove themselves out of business, by offering fares that were unsuistainable.
Old Apr 21, 2008, 3:12 pm
B1

$50 flights to eastern Canada on Sunwing

click here for a link at Travel Zoo.

"The $50 one-way fares are offered on the following routes: Toronto to/from: Calgary, Charlottetown, Deer Lake, Edmonton, Gander, Halifax, Montreal, St. John's, Stephenville, Sydney, Vancouver, Victoria
Montreal to/from Vancouver
Toronto to Orlando. Prices are applicable for departures May 11-June 21 and September 5-October 31. You must combine this $50 one-way price with Sunwing's other low fares. When doing this, we found flights for as little as $99 roundtrip!"
Old Apr 21, 2008, 3:42 pm

Programs: NH Plat, AA Gold
Originally Posted by KTPA
Not always the case, sometimes I feel like WS is working side to side with AC or ripping people off. most of the time, their fare is within $50 less than AC. They drove Jetsgo out of business, and now both have a monopoly over the market.
Nextime, I'm flying TPA-YYZ, I prefer connecting in DTW or EWR than going nonstop. Hopefully, I won't have to wait for my bag to arrive 45-60 minutes at YYZ. Last time AC did that to me, it took about an hour and a half to get our bags out. That day was a mess, and everyone was angry at AC. YYZ is a failure in my opinion.
In my books, AC is superb in losing luggages. My wife and I have more than a couple experiences. The latest episode was losing our bags in HKG; it tooks us 3 days to sort that out.
If not for the limited offering of direct flights to Asia, I would avoid AC completely.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.