Wiki Posts
Search

Help: Whistler in the winter

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2007, 2:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Diamond+, Alaska Airlines MVP, Priority Club Platinum
Help: Whistler in the winter

So I am going to Whistler for a few days and we don't ski. Hope I can keep myself occupied but I guess there is shopping up there. We will have a 3-year-old with us so that limits the nightlife but I hear some of the bars allow kids in before 7 pm if you want to drink. I am a bit nervous about keeping occupied plus the map makes it look like you have to be on skis to even get to some places - hope that is not the case. Called the hotel to book ski school for the 3-year-old and the person seemed disturbed by the fact that I did not intend to buy lift tickets. What am I getting myself into. Vancouver is not an option. Been there many times.
Old Jan 4, 2007, 12:38 pm

Programs: United MileagePlus Silver, Nexus, Global Entry
>So I am going to Whistler for a few days and we don't ski.

There is of course shopping, there's lots of 'pub-style restaurants' where I'm sure your child will be welcome.

You can ride a gondola up Whistler to 'Pika's' - Nice views if its not socked in.

Zip-trekking is great fun if you're looking for something do while the little one is is ski school: http://www.ziptrek.com/

Snowmobile tours are another option: http://www.canadiansnowmobile.com/default2.cfm

There are also some other non-ski options here:
http://www.whistlerblackcomb.com/todo/winter/index.htm

Have a great trip.

Cheers,
Geoff Glave
Vancouver, Canada
Old Jan 5, 2007, 12:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Diamond+, Alaska Airlines MVP, Priority Club Platinum
Great suggestions. Glad I asked. Seems they charge as much for the gondola ride as a lift ticket. Am I right? Snowmobile site was amazing in that it actually allows you to bring your 3 year old with you in a caboose!
Thanks again

Any other suggestions feel free to post.
Old Jan 6, 2007, 10:52 am

Programs: United MileagePlus Silver, Nexus, Global Entry
>Seems they charge as much for the gondola ride as a lift ticket. Am I right?

Not sure - Never done it exclusively for 'sightseeing' in the Winter (only summer). I suppose you could call them and ask.

Cheers,
Geoff Glave
Vancouver, Canada

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.