Search

Earliest & latest time to board the train from Quebec City>YUL

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2023, 6:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Too many to list
Earliest & latest time to board the train from Quebec City>YUL

This would be a 3pm trip boarding at Gare du Palais. Two of use traveling in Economy.
tcook052 likes this.

Last edited by philemer; Mar 31, 2023 at 6:48 pm
Old Mar 31, 2023, 6:58 pm

Programs: AC
My experience is that boarding usually starts about 20 minutes before departure. For economy, the line-up for boarding often starts an hour before departure. I don't know whether there is a cut-off time for boarding, but I have seen passengers boarding with less than 5 minutes before departure.
Old Mar 31, 2023, 7:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mtl49
My experience is that boarding usually starts about 20 minutes before departure. For economy, the line-up for boarding often starts an hour before departure. I don't know whether there is a cut-off time for boarding, but I have seen passengers boarding with less than 5 minutes before departure.
Since we want 2 seats together it might be wise to join the queue 30-40 minutes in advance. Thanks. Of course who knows how crowded it will be on a Tuesday afternoon in early Oct.??

Also, my wife will be using a cane or a walker/rollator. Is there special boarding available for the disabled, like the airlines provide?
Old Mar 31, 2023, 8:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by philemer
Also, my wife will be using a cane or a walker/rollator. Is there special boarding available for the disabled, like the airlines provide?
https://www.viarail.ca/en/plan/acces...at-the-station

(Click on "Additional Assistance." Note the early-boarding option.)
Old Mar 31, 2023, 8:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by guv1976
https://www.viarail.ca/en/plan/acces...at-the-station

(Click on "Additional Assistance." Note the early-boarding option.)
Thanks, Guv. I should have thought of looking there. Doh.
Old Apr 1, 2023, 7:29 am

First, I thought VIA has assigned seats even in economy. You should check your boarding pass that were sent to you when you booked.

Second, the VIA personel is very proactive in identifying passengers who need special assistance. You don't have to stand and wait in line with the other economy passengers. They will sit you down in a separate area, and board you first.
Old Apr 1, 2023, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

First, I thought VIA has assigned seats even in economy. You should check your boarding pass that were sent to you when you booked.

Second, the VIA personel is very proactive in identifying passengers who need special assistance. You don't have to stand and wait in line with the other economy passengers. They will sit you down in a separate area, and board you first.
No tickets yet. Glad to hear they are proactive with those needing SA.
Old Apr 18, 2023, 7:54 am

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
Quebec City train queries

Gare du Palais is one of the most customer-friendly stations for VIA. Its because the train originates there.
Also, are you disembarking at YUL or at Central Station? If the latter, you disembark on level ground i.e. no stairs.
Old Apr 18, 2023, 9:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Antonio8069
Gare du Palais is one of the most customer-friendly stations for VIA. Its because the train originates there.
Also, are you disembarking at YUL or at Central Station? If the latter, you disembark on level ground i.e. no stairs.
At YUL/Dorval.
Old Apr 18, 2023, 10:15 am

At YUL/Dorval.
At Dorval, to get off the train, there are a few steps from the train to the ground level. You may want to let the conductor know if you need help to get off the train. Also, if you are going directly to the airport, VIA provides a free shuttle from the train station's parking lot to the airport.
Old Apr 18, 2023, 5:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

At Dorval, to get off the train, there are a few steps from the train to the ground level. You may want to let the conductor know if you need help to get off the train. Also, if you are going directly to the airport, VIA provides a free shuttle from the train station's parking lot to the airport.
Are there steps up into the shuttle? Maybe 2 or 3 like a normal shuttle bus? I suppose there are also cabs available.
Old Apr 18, 2023, 7:28 pm

Are there steps up into the shuttle? Maybe 2 or 3 like a normal shuttle bus? I suppose there are also cabs available.
Infomation abotu Dorval's VIA station is here: https://www.viarail.ca/en/explore-ou...-accessibilite
You may be interested in the part about accessibility, and also about taxi.

Info about the free shuttle bus is here: https://www.viarail.ca/en/plan/inter...rudeau-shuttle
You may be interested in the part about "accessible transportation is available upon 48 hours notice".
Old Apr 19, 2023, 5:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Infomation abotu Dorval's VIA station is here: https://www.viarail.ca/en/explore-ou...-accessibilite
You may be interested in the part about accessibility, and also about taxi.

Info about the free shuttle bus is here: https://www.viarail.ca/en/plan/inter...rudeau-shuttle
You may be interested in the part about "accessible transportation is available upon 48 hours notice".
Thanks a lot. This is what we were looking for. :-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.