Security at YYZ (2022)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Security at YYZ (2022)

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2022, 7:19 am

Programs: Mileage plus
Is there still a NEXUS lane for T1 Domestic security?
Old May 3, 2022, 2:54 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Bonvoy LTE
Originally Posted by Unmaxdemax
Is there still a NEXUS lane for T1 Domestic security?
Yes there is.
Old May 3, 2022, 3:02 pm

Originally Posted by Jebby_ca
Yes there is.
thank you!!! And is it really quicker? I have a 1h40 cnx tmr…
Old May 3, 2022, 4:43 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Bonvoy LTE
Originally Posted by Unmaxdemax
thank you!!! And is it really quicker? I have a 1h40 cnx tmr…
Depends on time of day… is it an international to domestic connection?
Old May 3, 2022, 7:22 pm

Programs: IHG Gold
Originally Posted by TheCanuckian
Toronto media outlets are all reporting on the chaos at the airport, mostly focused on domestic and international security at terminal 1 where apparently lineups have been huge and waits have been long, especially at peak times. Here's one story from CP24. The long and short is: arrive early.

I downloaded the Catsa app, and checked a few times today. Longest waits were at T3 INtl. The rest were 5-10 minutes
Old May 4, 2022, 5:29 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Flying Blue Gold, Accor Silver, Hilton Diamond
Does the T3 intl have Nexus and/or Priority lanes? I haven’t flown via T3 in years.
Old May 4, 2022, 11:56 am

Does business get priority screening at Pearson? I thought I saw a gate last time but according the air canada website you do at other airports but not YYZ.
Old May 4, 2022, 12:02 pm

I'm flying to the US on Monday - are the T1 Nexus lines generally alright?
Old May 4, 2022, 12:52 pm

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Any updates from people who are at T1 Domestic? I'm monitoring the queue/wait times off the CATSA website but I'm not sure how to reconcile what it says versus what I keep seeing on the news. I've got a flight out tomorrow at 2pm EST; normally I'd make sure I'm at the airport and cleared security by noon so I can grab something at the MLL. Should I just head to airport even earlier?
Old May 4, 2022, 6:43 pm

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by Cerberus
Any updates from people who are at T1 Domestic? I'm monitoring the queue/wait times off the CATSA website but I'm not sure how to reconcile what it says versus what I keep seeing on the news. I've got a flight out tomorrow at 2pm EST; normally I'd make sure I'm at the airport and cleared security by noon so I can grab something at the MLL. Should I just head to airport even earlier?
I would keep an eye on Twitter as that is where the angry people to go vent their rage. Do a search for @torontopearson and then click/tap on “latest.” That will get you some updated info. If people aren’t venting, you’re probably fine.
Cerberus and tecate55 like this.
Old May 4, 2022, 6:46 pm

All in all very smooth experience tonight at YYZ T1. I am Nexus. Landed at 7:20pm. Passengers with connections deplaned at 7:30. Cleared immigration/customs/security in 20 mins. Was at the gate for my dom flight at 7:50pm
hbyerly and Cerberus like this.
Old May 5, 2022, 6:25 am

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Wondering if things are getting sorted. Not seeing the same kinds of delays being reported on Twitter or the CATSA website for YYZ in the last day so far.

Considering that the airport authority is asking for Federal intervention, I assume it's not really sorted out at all and could potentially get worse at any point.
Old May 5, 2022, 10:16 am

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by Cerberus
Wondering if things are getting sorted. Not seeing the same kinds of delays being reported on Twitter or the CATSA website for YYZ in the last day so far.

Considering that the airport authority is asking for Federal intervention, I assume it's not really sorted out at all and could potentially get worse at any point.
I expect it varies day by day and hour by hour as crowds ebb and flow. And I've long since learned that the CATSA stats really aren't reliable.
Old May 5, 2022, 10:04 pm

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium Elite, Accor Platinum, National Executive Elite
This morning transborder Nexus was 10-15min wait, regular line looked to be 30 min + for security and another 30 min + for customs.

I was told by AC today that one reason many of their US flights are delayed each day by over an hour is for waiting on passengers - they don't want to have to deal with all the missed flights.
TheCanuckian likes this.
Old May 6, 2022, 6:12 am

Programs: rapidly diminishing
YTZ delays?

Reading a lot about YYZ delays going through security etc. and wondering what it's like at YTZ these days. Does it have the same long delays as I'm hearing about?

Considering a domestic trip on AC so I'm looking at T1 domestic at YYZ or going through YUL or YOW (final destination would be YQB).

I'm starting to wonder if a 50-90 min layover and two flights might be less net hassle.

Additional context: we have Nexus and would need to check bags.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.