Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Security at YYZ (2022)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2022, 2:49 pm

Programs: EVA Air , * G, QR Privilege Club S
Originally Posted by cdnusa
I can get through customs with just my green card since no passport is required for LPRs, however the gate insists on me showing my passport and not green card, nexus, or drivers license.
It also depends on what flight you are taking. Legally the airline is supposed to match the boarding card, to the face and to the passport on an International flight. For domestic they accept drivers license too. For the US it is the Nexus I have been told and `I do not know about that. The Gate check is nothing to do with the border service or the customs.
Old Dec 30, 2022, 6:38 pm

Originally Posted by MillennialMiles
You dont need to show your passport to board a US flight in Canada. NEXUS card is suffice.
When I got my nexus they told me I still had to always carry my passport with me.
tentseller and Bohemian1 like this.
Old Dec 31, 2022, 12:56 am

Originally Posted by sydneyracquelle
When I got my nexus they told me I still had to always carry my passport with me.
If you are outside of your home country, you should always carry your passport with you. Not every law enforcement agency will have access to confirm your identity using your Nexus card. In and of itself, a Nexus card is not a general purpose form of identification like your passport or say your driver's license.
Davvidd likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2023, 10:16 pm

When I got mine the US guy told me I always need my passport while travelling by air but nexus is suffficent when traveling on land…. while the Canadian guy told me passport is only needed when entering Canada with a nexus card for the first time
Old Jan 8, 2023, 10:19 pm

Anyway, where is the nexus line at Yyz? I thought the priority lane at transborder security is only for Amex/business class?
Old Jan 9, 2023, 4:32 am

Originally Posted by RedBet
Anyway, where is the nexus line at Yyz? I thought the priority lane at transborder security is only for Amex/business class?
T3 USA you have to go to the very end of the hall. Poor signage. But it saves a ton of time and you don’t have to remove your shoes.
Old Jan 9, 2023, 6:37 am

T3 USA you have to go to the very end of the hall. Poor signage. But it saves a ton of time and you don’t have to remove your shoes.
I see, is there also one in t1? I guess I have to pay more attention next time
Old Jan 9, 2023, 2:15 pm

Programs: EVA Air , * G, QR Privilege Club S
Why do the CATSA need to put everything into the basket they have for screening? Surely they can screen anything bigger too if they want? Something like a violin etc? Can't they pass it thru the x ray?
Old Mar 29, 2023, 5:00 am

Old Apr 13, 2023, 5:20 pm

Hello,
I'm checking about connection times needed at YYZ. Flying from US to YYZ to Europe, with a 1:39 connection time in YYZ, is that enough? I've been reading about baggage issues (will check in bags) and lines, and wanted to know if that is enough time (people and bags!) to get through to the next flight with no issues for a US citizen.
I haven't read anything about issues since January so wanted to check. This would be for travel in June. Thank you
Old Apr 14, 2023, 3:33 am

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by pilsn3r
Hello,
I'm checking about connection times needed at YYZ. Flying from US to YYZ to Europe, with a 1:39 connection time in YYZ, is that enough? I've been reading about baggage issues (will check in bags) and lines, and wanted to know if that is enough time (people and bags!) to get through to the next flight with no issues for a US citizen.
I haven't read anything about issues since January so wanted to check. This would be for travel in June. Thank you
If your first flight is roughly on time, you will be fine. The baggage issues and huge lines are largely a thing of the past, at least for now. 1:39 is a little bit on the tight side, but still within the bounds.
pilsn3r likes this.
Old Apr 14, 2023, 10:51 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Hello,
Which airline(s)/terminal? That can make a difference, but make sure you *carefully* follow the posted signs for outbound international connections - do not enter arrivals and make absolutely certain the agents at your origin city check your bags, if any, through to your final destination.
Old Apr 15, 2023, 9:06 am

Originally Posted by bocastephen
Which airline(s)/terminal? That can make a difference, but make sure you *carefully* follow the posted signs for outbound international connections - do not enter arrivals and make absolutely certain the agents at your origin city check your bags, if any, through to your final destination.
​​​​​Preferred flight would be:
​​​​​Air Canada - DFW to YYZ to FRA all on Air Canada planes.
other option is thru YUL but that has 4-5 hr layover so not worried about time on that one.

​​​​
Old Apr 15, 2023, 12:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
​​​​​Preferred flight would be:
​​​​​Air Canada - DFW to YYZ to FRA all on Air Canada planes.
other option is thru YUL but that has 4-5 hr layover so not worried about time on that one.

​​​​
The YYZ connection should be fine - the signs will lead you to the transfer area where there is a cursory passport and boarding pass check before entering the international departures concourse.
TravellingChris likes this.
Old Apr 16, 2023, 10:22 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Hello,
YYZ is still a bit of a mess when it comes to baggage issues, but nothing like it was back when traveling was starting back up and definitely most recently over the Christmas holidays. 1h39m cuts in a bit close depending on how late your inbound flight is but is quite doable otherwise imo.
pilsn3r likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.