Wiki Posts
Search

GoodLife facility at YYZ.

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2019, 8:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC*SE, SPG Gold, HH D
GoodLife facility at YYZ.

I have a stupid long layover at YYZ next week, arriving at 7:30 AM, departing at 4:40 PM. Figure I can kill time by heading to the GoodLife and getting in a run + full workout before my flight. Internet reveals they have luggage storage which is nice, since I do carry on only. Add in shower facilities and by the time I get my makeup done and back through security to the INTL side, it'll easily be noon.

Anyone used it? Impressions? I assume there aren't any convenient places to run outdoors at YYZ so I'd likely use a treadmill, then hit the weights. Do they have a squat rack/power cage, or am I SOL there? I can do accessory work but I'll be due for a good squat day by then.
Old Jul 5, 2019, 10:17 am
SPG Contributor Badge

Programs: UA*1K, Marriott Titanium (LTP), Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
It's been a couple of years since I last used it (back when I flew AC and not UA), but it is a full serve GoodLife. Filled with lots of cardio, racks, machines, etc. that you would find at any GoodLife. The 15 minute circuit, tvs over cardio machines, etc., With locker room and showers.

They'll hold your luggage for a specific amount of time (used to be 2 hours), by tagging it when you enter. Used to be told that security did hourly checks of the baggage, to make sure no baggage was being stored.long term.

As with your plans, I used to enjoy using it when I had a long layover.
Old Jul 5, 2019, 12:32 pm
Original Poster

Awesome, thanks for the info! I'm a member at a small independent gym, so goodlife isn't something I really know. Hopefully they'll be ok with me storing my bag there for a few extra hours, but I'm ok with taking it out and rechecking if needed.
Old Jul 5, 2019, 12:40 pm
SPG Contributor Badge

Programs: UA*1K, Marriott Titanium (LTP), Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Ah - I have to say, Goodlife Gyms are good (I've been on a corporate membership for years); I'm not sure what the day-use cost is, but generally you can sign up for a "free" trial. They have dozens of membership plans (i.e., only one gym, only select gyms, all gyms, only Tue-Thurs, only between 6 and 8pm, etc.), so back when it first opened not all memberships included the YYZ gym.

It's heavily used by airport employees, but for guests it's one of those "as long as you're at the gym" luggage storage options. That refers to larger bags - if you have a carry-on that can fit in a locker, then that's fine (the lockers have electronic locks built-in, no need to bring your own here). They probably wouldn't have an issue with checked bags being stored a little longer, but you have to reclaim them before you exit the gym.
Old Jul 7, 2019, 1:16 pm
Original Poster

I'm a carry on only kinda girl, so I'll be bringing my backpack with me. I assume it'll fit in the locker, I hope anyway since it'll have my gym gear in it!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.