Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Canada
Reload this Page >

Ambiguous information on left luggage at Quebec Airport - anyone in the know?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2019, 1:01 pm
Original Poster

In 2018, Quebec Airport boasted in various press releases that part of the terminal revamp were "automated self-service luggage lockers"

https://www.aeroportdequebec.com/en/node/429166

However, on the current airport website I cannot find any mention of it. The website only mentions a facility where one can drop off coats, cellphones and other small items.

As I need to store a medium-sized suitcase in-between two flights for approx. half a day, I have written to the airport and asked for clarification, but customer service apparently is non-existent and I have not received an answer.

Has anyone been there lately and seen physical evidence of the elusive "automated self-service luggage lockers" ?
Old Jun 11, 2019, 1:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Perhaps you need to ask in the official language of the airport and the province?
Old Jun 11, 2019, 6:53 am
Original Poster

As the airport has an English language contact form with a pre-selection menu of topics (and has advertised its luggage lockers in an English language press release), I don't think so. While I am aware of the "Quebec situation", airports holding themselves out as an "international airport" should be prepared to communicate in English (as I do although it is not my native language)
Old Jun 11, 2019, 3:26 pm

Programs: AC*SE/2.1MM, Flying Blue Explorer, BA Executive Club Blue, AAdvantage Basic, ANA MC
I am at YQB regularly. I have not yet seen the "automated self-service luggage lockers" mentioned in the March 1, 2018 press release.

Perhaps the nice people at YQB could provide you with the current status and availability of those amenities. Here is a link to the query form, in English no less.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 10:07 am

Programs: United MileagePlus, SkyMiles, AAdvantage, NEXUS
Originally Posted by NordsFan
I am at YQB regularly. I have not yet seen the "automated self-service luggage lockers" mentioned in the March 1, 2018 press release.

Perhaps the nice people at YQB could provide you with the current status and availability of those amenities. Here is a link to the query form, in English no less.
This is off-topic, but I noticed your name and I, too am a Nordiques fan by extension given my fandom of the Colorado Avalanche. I hope Quebec gets a much-deserved NHL team back.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 3:07 pm
Original Poster

After another inquiry, the airport has finally come up with this:

In response to your question regarding storage facilities , we are sorry to inform you that luggage storage is not available at Quebec City's Jean Lesage Airport. A new Federal law has been issued since the press release that you mentionned. This new Federal law stipulates that Canadian airports cannot store any luggage that has not been through security therefore luggage storage cannot be offered in non secure areas.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 2:04 pm

Programs: AC*SE/2.1MM, Flying Blue Explorer, BA Executive Club Blue, AAdvantage Basic, ANA MC
@vfw614: Glad the folks at YQB were able to answer your question quickly.

@Nayef: I have friends in the organization who continue to make DEN their home after the team moved West at the end of the 1994-95 season. I saw and spoke with #33 about 10 days ago. As for a return of a NHL franchise to QC, that is looking less and less likely, despite the expenditure of $400M of public finds to build a new arena.
Nayef likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 2:07 pm

Programs: United MileagePlus, SkyMiles, AAdvantage, NEXUS
Originally Posted by NordsFan
@vfw614: Glad the folks at YQB were able to answer your question quickly.

@Nayef: I have friends in the organization who continue to make DEN their home after the team moved West at the end of the 1994-95 season. I saw and spoke with #33 about 10 days ago. As for a return of a NHL franchise to QC, that is looking less and less likely, despite the expenditure of $400M of public finds to build a new arena.
I’m PMing you so I don’t derail the thread.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.