Search

ETA changed flight info

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2019, 2:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: Miles&More IHG
ETA changed flight info

Hi,

I have a small ETA question which is not answered on the governement sites.. nor do I seem to get an answer from the service either.
We have booked a different flight then initially indicated on our ETA. All the remaining details stay the same.
Should I apply for a new ETA or not?

Kind Regards
Old Jun 14, 2019, 1:12 am

Programs: AC-SE100K MM, BA-S HH-D, MB-G LT Sil, IHG-Plt, Nexus, Global Entry
Originally Posted by Koja78
Hi,

I have a small ETA question which is not answered on the governement sites.. nor do I seem to get an answer from the service either.
We have booked a different flight then initially indicated on our ETA. All the remaining details stay the same.
Should I apply for a new ETA or not?

Kind Regards
No. An ETA is not tied to a specific flight. It is valid for five years, or until your passport expires.
Old Jun 14, 2019, 1:29 am

You're fine. The eTA is linked to your passport, not your flight number, and is valid for multiple uses. Therefore you don't need a new one for each flight to Canada.

For peace of mind look into the eTA status check tool and notice that it doesn't ask for, or even mention, your flight number, only your passport info.
Old Jun 14, 2019, 3:37 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pauq
You're fine. The eTA is linked to your passport, not your flight number, and is valid for multiple uses. Therefore you don't need a new one for each flight to Canada.

For peace of mind look into the eTA status check tool and notice that it doesn't ask for, or even mention, your flight number, only your passport info.
But they did ask during application for the departure time of the flight.. that is why I was worried.
Old Jun 14, 2019, 6:47 am

Programs: LH M+M
If I remember correctly this question is to "detect" if you're applying "too late"!?
Old Jun 15, 2019, 5:22 am
Original Poster

Thanks all for the info !

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.