Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Canada
Reload this Page >

YVR Connection time help

YVR Connection time help

Old Jun 4, 19, 12:00 pm
Original Poster

YVR Connection time help

I am traveling from HNL to YVR. And then onward to New York. These are on first class award tickets. However I will have 82 minutes to get from my first flight to my second flight. And yes we will be checking bags. Those of you who know YVR hopefully can tell me if the allows me enough time to do this. Thanks
Old Jun 4, 19, 12:28 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Bonvoy LTE
Originally Posted by EWRfflyer View Post
I am traveling from HNL to YVR. And then onward to New York. These are on first class award tickets. However I will have 82 minutes to get from my first flight to my second flight. And yes we will be checking bags. Those of you who know YVR hopefully can tell me if the allows me enough time to do this. Thanks
Are these flights on 2 separate tickets? One ticket for HNL - YVR, and another ticket for YVR - EWR?

All on AC? Or different carriers?

Time of day you'll be arriving? Which flight numbers?

Aeroplan or another program? I doubt Aeroplan would issue a US - US ticket via Canada...
Old Jun 4, 19, 12:59 pm
Original Poster

Two separate award tickets. Both on AC using UA miles. Arrive at on a Sat at 730am and depart at 852am. And you are correct Aeroplan would get fined for that.
Old Jun 4, 19, 1:21 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Elite/Ambassador. NEXUS, National
Officially, the MCT at YVR on AC-AC for a US-US connection is:AC-AC II SUP TRM M - M UNITED STATES - UNITED STATES
which is to say, "Suppressed", which is to say, "not allowed".

For not-AC, the official MCT is 1:30, which is more than your 82 minutes.

You'll have to clear customs, twice, and security. I doubt it is possible.

Even if AC allows you to board in Hawaii. Which they may not.
Old Jun 4, 19, 1:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend and Moderator: Air Canada Aeroplan, Canada & Manufactured Spending

As this is essentially a YVR connection query it's been relocated to the FT Canada destination forum for further input.

tcook052
Air Canada forum moderator
Old Jun 4, 19, 8:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: statusless these days
I wouldn't say it is impossible but it will most likely be very, very tight as you are on separate tickets. Having Nexus would help immensely (GE will only get you faster access through U.S. pre-clearance via the kiosks, Nexus will give you potentially faster entry into Canada and definitely faster clearance through U.S preclearance security and immigration. You may also have to deal with cruise pax traffic which would impede rechecking your bags (if AC will not thru-check them). Hope you have suitable *A status.

If AC will check bags through, there is an Intl=>U.S. connection facility that shortens time required but after going through the GE or APC kiosks, you have to wait for your bags.
Old Jun 4, 19, 11:52 pm

Originally Posted by YVR Cockroach View Post
I wouldn't say it is impossible but it will most likely be very, very tight as you are on separate tickets. Having Nexus would help immensely (GE will only get you faster access through U.S. pre-clearance via the kiosks, Nexus will give you potentially faster entry into Canada and definitely faster clearance through U.S preclearance security and immigration. You may also have to deal with cruise pax traffic which would impede rechecking your bags (if AC will not thru-check them). Hope you have suitable *A status.

If AC will check bags through, there is an Intl=>U.S. connection facility that shortens time required but after going through the GE or APC kiosks, you have to wait for your bags.
AC definitely won't check bags through, as they would be acknowledging the cabotage.

Search this Thread