Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Canada
Reload this Page >

YVR "International" midnight arrival to morning US connection

Old May 29, 19, 12:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL DM, UA Gold, WOH Glob, Hertz PC,

Arriving at 00:50 on CX from JFK and connecting to US flight at 6:00 AM. CX arrivals appear to be gates 66-67. There is a SkyTeam lounge open 24 hours near international gate 53 but not clear if I can access if departing to US later in the morning? Any idea if this is possible and how to manage?
Old May 29, 19, 6:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: statusless these days
No lounges available to any international arrivals. Can only access lounge in areas you can get to (domestic, international, U.S.) so if going to the U.S., can't access lounges in domestic and international.
Old Jun 4, 19, 7:31 pm

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by YVR Cockroach View Post
No lounges available to any international arrivals. Can only access lounge in areas you can get to (domestic, international, U.S.) so if going to the U.S., can't access lounges in domestic and international.
Can't access US terminal that early, as the CBP checkpoint only opens at 4:30am. So it's impossible to even get into the US terminal at that time and you're stuck sitting in the landside part of the airport. Agree though that OP won't be able to access the Skyteam lounge, either.
Old Jun 5, 19, 10:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL DM, UA Gold, WOH Glob, Hertz PC,
OK, thanks for the info. That was going to be my next question as to whether I could even get to the gate that early. Is there anything else that will be open from 1:00 to 4:30 AM? If not, any suggestions?

Search this Thread