Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Canada
Reload this Page >

eTA Application Question

eTA Application Question

Old May 28, 19, 5:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold; Swiss Blue
eTA Application Question

My mother, who is travelling with me to Canada later this year when with here eTA application

Somehow there is an error in the Issue Date submitted to the eTA system

The Passport number, expiry date etc are all correct and an eTA has been issued with a 'J' number

Should we just reapply to correct this error, being very careful entering data this time?

SB
Old May 28, 19, 8:26 am

Programs: AC*SE100K BA-S HH-D IHG-Plat Accor-G MR-S
Originally Posted by SWISSBOBBY View Post
My mother, who is travelling with me to Canada later this year when with here eTA application

Somehow there is an error in the Issue Date submitted to the eTA system

The Passport number, expiry date etc are all correct and an eTA has been issued with a 'J' number

Should we just reapply to correct this error, being very careful entering data this time?

SB
I don't work at the airport, so please don't take this as the gospel truth. ;-) I do know that a passport issuance date is not included in API data, nor is it included in the passport machine readable zone, however the expiry date is included. IMHO you will be fine, however it will cost you a very small amount of money to be reassured by applying for a new eTA.
--
13F
Old Jun 3, 19, 6:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold; Swiss Blue
Thank you for the reply, finally we spotted a bigger error in the process so reapplied and all good now

SB
Seat13F_AC_CRJ likes this.

Search this Thread