Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Meeting passengers arriving on KLM at YYZ

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2019, 5:39 pm
Original Poster

Meeting passengers arriving on KLM at YYZ

I'm hoping to meet someone at YYZ coming off KLM, which I understand uses terminal 3. Is there one common point where all passengers go from customs to public space, or are there multiple possible places they could come out of customs? For example, I'm thinking of ICN where there is one common customs area, but 4 (or 5?) doors that passengers could come out of. There are signs that display the door that passengers will likely come out of, based on the assigned baggage claim.

I've tried to find pictures or other descriptions, but have had no luck.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 7:17 pm

My experience is that all International arrivals exit through the same door. However I'm not able to give you a definitive answer. Since there is free wifi at YYZ, would your friends not be able to contact you on arrival in case they are at another exit door?
Old Apr 9, 2019, 5:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
IIRC international arrival exits through one exit at the intl arrival end of the terminal.

You can't miss the waiting for intl arrival crowd.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 6:29 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by peter1962
My experience is that all International arrivals exit through the same door. However I'm not able to give you a definitive answer. Since there is free wifi at YYZ, would your friends not be able to contact you on arrival in case they are at another exit door?
Thanks for the input. I'm hoping to make it a surprise.

Originally Posted by tentseller
IIRC international arrival exits through one exit at the intl arrival end of the terminal.

You can't miss the waiting for intl arrival crowd.
Great, thanks.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 6:38 am

One caveat - in case your guests are connecting to another flight at YYZ, they may be directed away from main exit door towards a connecting baggage belt which then exits a little bit away from main door.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 7:45 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Jono
One caveat - in case your guests are connecting to another flight at YYZ, they may be directed away from main exit door towards a connecting baggage belt which then exits a little bit away from main door.
Thanks. Fortunately, they're terminating at YYZ, so that will be a non-factor for this event.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 3:14 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Everyone comes out at the same place. No chance for a mistake.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 9:12 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Yes it’s impossible to miss people.

Or so I thought, admittedly it’s easier to miss someone at T1 but it happens, and they knew I was coming! It can be teeming with people especially at T3.

Go to staples and get a huge piece of a brightly coloured card and write their name on it is my suggestion
Old Apr 12, 2019, 8:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

All international flights pop through the same doors at T3 (domestic comes in to another area) and if you position yourself right in front (there's a physical barrier, but they would be able to see you) you shouldn't miss them.
Old Apr 12, 2019, 4:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by jc94
Yes it’s impossible to miss people.

Or so I thought, admittedly it’s easier to miss someone at T1 but it happens, and they knew I was coming! It can be teeming with people especially at T3.

Go to staples and get a huge piece of a brightly coloured card and write their name on it is my suggestion
Originally Posted by emma69
All international flights pop through the same doors at T3 (domestic comes in to another area) and if you position yourself right in front (there's a physical barrier, but they would be able to see you) you shouldn't miss them.
KLM arrives around 8pm, it is around the same time as PR, CX and CZ arrival. Outside that door it can be quite a scrum.

Bright colour paper with a name on it would be a good idea as it would be very hard to get to the front of the barrier

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.