Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Canada
Reload this Page >

Meeting passengers arriving on KLM at YYZ

Meeting passengers arriving on KLM at YYZ

Old Apr 8, 19, 5:39 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: WAS
Posts: 2,929
Meeting passengers arriving on KLM at YYZ

I'm hoping to meet someone at YYZ coming off KLM, which I understand uses terminal 3. Is there one common point where all passengers go from customs to public space, or are there multiple possible places they could come out of customs? For example, I'm thinking of ICN where there is one common customs area, but 4 (or 5?) doors that passengers could come out of. There are signs that display the door that passengers will likely come out of, based on the assigned baggage claim.

I've tried to find pictures or other descriptions, but have had no luck.
cmn.jcs is offline  
Old Apr 8, 19, 7:17 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Trinidad & Tobago
Posts: 357
My experience is that all International arrivals exit through the same door. However I'm not able to give you a definitive answer. Since there is free wifi at YYZ, would your friends not be able to contact you on arrival in case they are at another exit door?
peter1962 is offline  
Old Apr 9, 19, 5:01 am
  #3  
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Home:HKG formerly YYZ Business: ATL, PVG, PEK, CAN, SZX, MNL, SIN, KUL
Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Posts: 9,606
IIRC international arrival exits through one exit at the intl arrival end of the terminal.

You can't miss the waiting for intl arrival crowd.
tentseller is offline  
Old Apr 9, 19, 6:29 am
  #4  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: WAS
Posts: 2,929
Originally Posted by peter1962 View Post
My experience is that all International arrivals exit through the same door. However I'm not able to give you a definitive answer. Since there is free wifi at YYZ, would your friends not be able to contact you on arrival in case they are at another exit door?
Thanks for the input. I'm hoping to make it a surprise.

Originally Posted by tentseller View Post
IIRC international arrival exits through one exit at the intl arrival end of the terminal.

You can't miss the waiting for intl arrival crowd.
Great, thanks.
cmn.jcs is offline  
Old Apr 9, 19, 6:38 am
  #5  
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 408
One caveat - in case your guests are connecting to another flight at YYZ, they may be directed away from main exit door towards a connecting baggage belt which then exits a little bit away from main door.
Jono is offline  
Old Apr 9, 19, 7:45 am
  #6  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: WAS
Posts: 2,929
Originally Posted by Jono View Post
One caveat - in case your guests are connecting to another flight at YYZ, they may be directed away from main exit door towards a connecting baggage belt which then exits a little bit away from main door.
Thanks. Fortunately, they're terminating at YYZ, so that will be a non-factor for this event.
cmn.jcs is offline  
Old Apr 9, 19, 3:14 pm
  #7  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Berlin, Germany; Toronto, Canada; and SW Florida, USA
Programs: UA 1K, BA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, and assorted others
Posts: 22,915
Everyone comes out at the same place. No chance for a mistake.
LondonElite is offline  
Old Apr 9, 19, 9:12 pm
  #8  
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: YYZ
Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Posts: 5,475
Yes itís impossible to miss people.

Or so I thought, admittedly itís easier to miss someone at T1 but it happens, and they knew I was coming! It can be teeming with people especially at T3.

Go to staples and get a huge piece of a brightly coloured card and write their name on it is my suggestion
jc94 is online now  
Old Apr 12, 19, 8:22 am
  #9  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 12,604
All international flights pop through the same doors at T3 (domestic comes in to another area) and if you position yourself right in front (there's a physical barrier, but they would be able to see you) you shouldn't miss them.
emma69 is offline  
Old Apr 12, 19, 4:47 pm
  #10  
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Home:HKG formerly YYZ Business: ATL, PVG, PEK, CAN, SZX, MNL, SIN, KUL
Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Posts: 9,606
Originally Posted by jc94 View Post
Yes itís impossible to miss people.

Or so I thought, admittedly itís easier to miss someone at T1 but it happens, and they knew I was coming! It can be teeming with people especially at T3.

Go to staples and get a huge piece of a brightly coloured card and write their name on it is my suggestion
Originally Posted by emma69 View Post
All international flights pop through the same doors at T3 (domestic comes in to another area) and if you position yourself right in front (there's a physical barrier, but they would be able to see you) you shouldn't miss them.
KLM arrives around 8pm, it is around the same time as PR, CX and CZ arrival. Outside that door it can be quite a scrum.

Bright colour paper with a name on it would be a good idea as it would be very hard to get to the front of the barrier
tentseller is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread