Lake Moraine or Lake Louise?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2019, 12:00 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Lake Moraine or Lake Louise?

Which would you say is better between the two? Thanks
Old Mar 21, 2019, 2:36 am

"Better" is a pretty vague term in this context. What exactly would make a lake better for you?

If you are talking specifically about beauty, I find Moraine Lake and its surroundings the most breathtaking place I've ever been to. But which one is better depends on your preferences.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 6:56 am

They are both breathtaking, but on my visit a couple of years ago, I was much more impressed by Moraine Lake. However, you can likely visit both at the same time, as the road to Moraine Lake is right near the parking lot for Lake Louise. On my visit in late August, the entrance to the road to Moraine lake was blocked and they would only allow cars to go in as other cars exited, as the parking area at Moraine Lake was full. If you plan to go, go early in the day.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 9:28 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Preferred Morraine (both times many years ago), likely less insanely busy but if you go early no reason you can’t see both. Peyto is worth a visit too.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 10:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Moraine Lake was immortalized on one of the Canadian $20 bill.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 2:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I was just going to say if you wanted to pick a pretty lake in that area, Peyto is my favouite by far, but someone beat me to it! I preferred the walk around Lake Louise to the walking at Morraine, for what it is worth.
jc94 likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 8:51 pm

They're both stunning, if you do one, you'll likely do both as they're right next to one another. Color in Moraine Lake is stunning!
Old Mar 31, 2019, 8:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
The Fairmont at Lake Louise is special in some ways, although their regular rooms are small cookie-cutter things, and the hotel can suffer from tour groups. Some of their F&B areas are fun, switch antlers hanging over fireplaces, etc. Good food too, IME. I love the history of the place.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 10:39 am

Lake Moraine! It even has reviews on google, which I find kind of strange...
Old Apr 5, 2019, 11:29 am

I first saw a photo of Moraine Lake about 2 years ago. And I remember thinking that someday, somehow, I HAD to see this amazing place for myself. I tried last year when my friend Stephanie and I did a mini road trip through the Canadian Rockies. But, unfortunately we went too early in the season and the road to Moraine Lake was still closed due to avalanche risk.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.