Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Canada
Reload this Page >

Transiting YVR from US to Canada

Old Feb 14, 19, 7:51 pm
Original Poster

SEA-YVR-YYZ. Timing is very tight with WX.

Never done it before. Looking at the YVR guide, it seems we have to exit into the insecure area and then go back through C gate security.

Is this right? Seems at YYZ you can do it without exiting.
Old Feb 14, 19, 7:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend and Moderator: Air Canada Aeroplan & Manufactured Spending

As this is more a YVR topic rather than an Air Canada or Aeroplan specific topic the thread has been relocated to the Canada forum for further discussion.

tcook052
Air Canada forum moderator
Old Feb 14, 19, 7:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: statusless these days
Pretty much. Not very convenient.
Old Feb 20, 19, 4:30 pm

Programs: ACMM E75K; *G
Originally Posted by InTheAirGuy View Post

Never done it before. Looking at the YVR guide, it seems we have to exit into the insecure area and then go back through C gate security.

Last time I connected in YVR from US, I do recall having to go through security after clearing customs. I can't compare to YYZ as I've never connected in YYZ from USA.
Old Feb 21, 19, 9:52 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime PE, AC Altitude SE100K-1MM
Originally Posted by InTheAirGuy View Post

I've only done the connection through YVR from US on AC, not another airline. You go through Customs but do not leave and go through Security again. If you tell the people in the Customs Hall that you have a connection, they give you a card, and direct you to another area to see a Customs / Border agent. From there you board a bus that takes you to the C-gates (located across from the MLL).

There are some other threads here that cover this topic and you can reviews' experiences.
Old Feb 24, 19, 4:12 pm

Programs: AC Aeroplan, AS MileagePlan, AirMiles Gold
I did this dance mentioned above (get a card, get through customs, get on a bus) with a Nexus card the entire process end-to-end was about 35min.
Old May 13, 19, 5:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: statusless these days
Procedure seems to have changed substantially. WS=>WS coonection last week was:

Go to domestic connection clearance after you use the kiosks (need to show onward boarding passes) on the right side of arrivals hall as soon as you get off the down escalator, line up to pass CBSA, boarding pass check/scan again, board shuttle bus that takes you to domestic airside (one of the gates at the base of the old domestic (C(?) pier). No security recheck.

Think this works only if you have no checked bags or flight is approved for no checked bag customs clearance.

Search this Thread