Wiki Posts
Search

Connection Time at YYZ

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2019, 1:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, L'Accor Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Platinum
Connection Time at YYZ

I'm looking to book some internal flights in Canada - YUL-YVR connecting via YYZ. The connection time is 1 hour 38 minutes. Is that a comfortable connection time for YYZ? I've never been to the airport before so it will be my first time connecting there and I don't know how punctual the YUL-YYZ flights usually are. Also, I'm connecting onto one of the flatbed services so am keen to make it rather than being put onto a non-flat bed service (which would not be the end of the world but still ...)

Thank you in advance.

1F
Old Jan 17, 2019, 1:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I think the MCT is 45 minutes.

You'll have plenty of time.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 1:51 pm
Original Poster

Perfect! I shall go ahead and book then. Thank you, canadiancow.

1F
Old Jan 17, 2019, 1:56 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by 1nfrequent
I don't know how punctual the YUL-YYZ flights usually are.
Assume these are AC flights. It depends on time of year, but 1h38 should be more than sufficient for a domestic connection. If you are more than that delayed it’ll probably be many hours late.
1nfrequent likes this.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 2:06 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
As this is a YYZ topic rather than an Air Canada or Aeroplan specific topic the thread has been relocated to the Canada forum for further discussion.

tcook052
Air Canada forum moderator
Old Jan 17, 2019, 3:20 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Domestic connections are dead easy. Get off your plane, find the new gate (it will be in the same half of Terminal 1 - a D gate), and wait to board your second flight. No re-clearing security, no rechecking bags, no fuss.

As others have said, this all assumes your are flying Air Canada the whole way. But this is the Air Canada forum, so let's hope that it is a good assumption.
1nfrequent likes this.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 7:26 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Yes for anyone else reading this in the future the key is that this is all AC or at least the same terminal/airline.

If you had to go between T1 and T3, it would be a little more tight with likely having to collect a bag, find the monorail and reclear security. Actually given my recent YYZ baggage fun I would say all bets are off.
1nfrequent likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 1:16 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1k SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by 1nfrequent
I'm looking to book some internal flights in Canada - YUL-YVR connecting via YYZ. The connection time is 1 hour 38 minutes. Is that a comfortable connection time for YYZ? I've never been to the airport before so it will be my first time connecting there and I don't know how punctual the YUL-YYZ flights usually are. Also, I'm connecting onto one of the flatbed services so am keen to make it rather than being put onto a non-flat bed service (which would not be the end of the world but still ...)

Thank you in advance.

1F
even for Air Canada you should be OK. ( worst on time performance in NA) also its well worth the risk to get the layfat seats.
1nfrequent likes this.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 2:30 pm
Original Poster

Sorry all.- should have clarified that it was all Air Canada on the flights. Have gone ahead and booked. Currently waiting for AC to actually charge the credit card though. (I got the receipt with the booking reference so will give it another couple of days).

1F

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.