Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Canada
Reload this Page >

Layover in YVR, From US to Asia. How efficient is transfer?

Old Jan 15, 19, 10:29 am
Original Poster

I am looking at a flight from LAS > YVR > ICN (Korea). But the layover is only 1 hour. I was wondering how efficient the transfer could be? The flight out of LAS is on a Wed, early morning, so not a busy day. Both flights (LAS > YVR and YVR > ICN are Air Canada (Well, Air Canada Rouge for the LAS > YVR leg)

We are US Citizens (not sure if that matters). From what I gather, we would be flying into D gates, and leaving from E gates. So we are close, so travel time between gates doesn't look to be too bad. And being on the same airline I would think helps? And I am reading about this OSS thing, so we wouldn't have to be screened again (or am I reading that wrong)?
Old Jan 15, 19, 11:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: statusless these days
Passenger Guides | YVR

It could be tight but doable if the inbound flight isn't late. Biggest hangup is the passport check (which is presumably where the authorities picked up the Huawei CFO on a PRC-MEX itinerary IIRC)
Old Jan 15, 19, 11:29 am
Original Poster

well, we not Chinese, so we should be good!

Weird how if you arrive in the afternoon there are extra steps. We would arrive in the morning so looks even faster.

Thanks
Old Jan 19, 19, 9:16 pm

Programs: Bottom feeder Star Gold
YVR is positioning itself to be a hub-centric airport, so it's in their best interests to ensure a smooth and efficient connection process for yourselves and your bags. Given that you're flying on a single airline on both legs, the process should be streamlined, and an hour sufficient. I assume you arrive at roughly 10:30am (between the Australia/Hawaii bank but prior to the main Asia influx), so you might time it nicely. AC's flight to Seoul leaves at noon at this time of year.
Being a US citizen will not slow you down at all.
Old Jan 20, 19, 5:06 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Mileage Plus, SPG Gold, AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by jaesun View Post
well, we not Chinese, so we should be good!

Weird how if you arrive in the afternoon there are extra steps. We would arrive in the morning so looks even faster.

Thanks
Baggage is automatically transferred and the checks before you end up in the international concourse and streamlined.

Search this Thread