Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Canada
Reload this Page >

YEG Intl to US connection time

Old Oct 19, 18, 10:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold, TK Elite, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, HHonors Gold

So I am planning on transferring in YEG (never used this airport before) on 2 different tickets and was wondering if my itinerary would be safish.
Planning on arriving from AMS on KL at 3.30pm and leaving for SEA on AS at 6.30pm. Is that a busy time of the day to clear Canadian customs then US pre clearance? I will be flying J on the TATL sector so I should be able to exit the aircraft fairly quickly and my bag should show up fast.
And I know my flight from AMS could be delayed but if I were to land on time, it should be safe connection right?
Old Oct 20, 18, 10:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: statusless these days
YEG isn't exactly a busy international airport. Looks like there are only 2 international flights though there are 3 transborder flights that arrive around the time (2 later) your KL flight does. To be on the safe side and add more time, it depends on what passport (Canada or U.S. to use machines, if they have them there) and/or entry facilitators (e.g., Nexus, Global Entry, elite status n AS) you possess.
Old Oct 20, 18, 2:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold, TK Elite, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by YVR Cockroach View Post
YEG isn't exactly a busy international airport. Looks like there are only 2 international flights though there are 3 transborder flights that arrive around the time (2 later) your KL flight does. To be on the safe side and add more time, it depends on what passport (Canada or U.S. to use machines, if they have them there) and/or entry facilitators (e.g., Nexus, Global Entry, elite status n AS) you possess.
European passport so can't use any of those. I will take the risk, worst case, will fly the next day, thanks.
Old Oct 20, 18, 4:41 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Just to be clear, the term "connection" confuses because these are separate tickets. Check the fare rules for your AS ticket carefully. They may provide for a credit against a penalty if the ticket is cancelled prior to departure. If that is the case, use twitter to cancel your ticket if you are in the air and substantially delayed. You will at least have a partial credit to use against the new ticket.

Search this Thread