Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Canada
Reload this Page >

Re-clearing security at YUL

Old Jul 3, 18, 7:32 am
Original Poster

So my group of 4 (wife, 2 kids, me) are flying back from France in a few weeks. We are dropping off the kids in YUL, as the grandparents are picking them up from there. My wife plans on clearing customs at YUL while I continue to YTZ with the luggage. She hands off the kids and goes back through security for a later flight to YTZ. At least that's the plan.

Are there any problems with this strategy? She's on one ticket (NCE-ZRH-YUL-YTZ). It's an Aeroplan award flight, if that matters.

Thanks.
Old Jul 3, 18, 7:48 am

Programs: AC*G-E50K (former AC*G-SE100K for 3 yrs)
Just put luggage on your name.otherwise have fun!
Old Jul 3, 18, 8:03 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cooleddie View Post
Just put luggage on your name.otherwise have fun!
That was part of the plan. Thanks...looking forward to trying Swiss J.
Old Jul 3, 18, 8:19 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend and Moderator: Air Canada Aeroplan & Manufactured Spending

As this is more a Canada Customs & security question than an Air Canada query this thread has been relocated to the Canada forum for further discussion.

tcook052
Air Canada forum moderator
Old Jul 3, 18, 4:29 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by grandgourmand View Post
That was part of the plan. Thanks...looking forward to trying Swiss J.
If you're flying LX86 ZRH-YUL you will need to pick up you luggage and recheck with the AC connections counter and then proceed through CATSA anyways as LX is not an ITD carrier.
Old Jul 6, 18, 4:56 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Bonvoy PLAT, Fairmont PLAT, Priority Pass
As the grandparents may be aware, the Arrivals hall in YUL is a bit of a zoo. Checked luggage can take + 20 min. I walk out of the secure area and make a bee line for the up escalator for my cnx. Note that is how you "go back through security". My advice would be to pick a nicer place for the rendezvous. Grandparents may walk to park @ the Sheraton and take the shuttle over? Porter's last departure is at 21:15 i.e. there is little risk of a misconnect!
Old Jul 30, 18, 6:26 am
Original Poster

FYI, it all went well. Just cleared customs as a family, I re-checked my bags. Walked out, grandparents were there. No problems...except for my wife. She had booked a 3 hour layover, just in case. Proved completely unnecessary.

Thanks for the help everyone.
JimInOhio likes this.

Search this Thread