Community
Wiki Posts
Search

top 5 place to visit on canada? (july)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2018, 12:45 pm
Original Poster

top 5 place to visit on canada? (july)

,Hey, I want to know what are the best 5 places to travel in Canada in July?
I am traveling with my wife.
thanks
Old Apr 19, 2018, 10:52 am
Suspended

How about the 5 that are of most interest to you? Or how about the 5 that are of most interest to you within a reasonable distance of each other given how long you have to get around and visit them?

Your question as asked is pointless. The word 'best' is pointless unless you put it into context by providing sufficient background information. That includes, what are your interests, how much time do you have available, what kind of budget do you want to work with, etc.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 12:50 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by dulciusexasperis
How about the 5 that are of most interest to you? Or how about the 5 that are of most interest to you within a reasonable distance of each other given how long you have to get around and visit them?

Your question as asked is pointless. The word 'best' is pointless unless you put it into context by providing sufficient background information. That includes, what are your interests, how much time do you have available, what kind of budget do you want to work with, etc.
The OP seems to specialize in asking rather broad and "pointless" questions ... How much on average you spent in australia?
jc94 likes this.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 9:50 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Without a question - go on an abandoned grain elevator tour to five wonderful small town Saskatchewan cities. Bring an a tent, since there are no hotels in these towns.
EmailKid, tentseller and jc94 like this.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 7:48 am

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh
Without a question - go on an abandoned grain elevator tour to five wonderful small town Saskatchewan cities. Bring an a tent, since there are no hotels in these towns.
Most of the small towns I know in SK do have at least one “hotel”. But if you want to stay there and get a good nights sleep ... well they aren’t exactly five star establishments Limited motel is probably a better description.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 7:06 pm

Programs: United 1K, AC 50K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Platinum
Originally Posted by thedarkone2
,Hey, I want to know what are the best 5 places to travel in Canada in July?
I am traveling with my wife.
thanks
Funny, I'm also going to be in Canada for a a few days in July--not sure where exactly, but I'm pretty sure it's all pretty much the same. I can good local lobster in Saskatchewan right?
Old Apr 26, 2018, 1:00 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
- Ungava Bay
- Prince Rupert
- Peel Pub
- Anne of Green Gables House
- Haliburton, Ontario
Old Apr 26, 2018, 7:07 am
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Bay of Fundy
CN Tower
Niagara Falls
Banff National Park
Tofino
Old Apr 27, 2018, 5:09 am

Programs: AC E75 / Marriott Titanium Elite
My top 5 things that come to mind, which are really impossible to do cost/time effectively in one trip:

- Cape Spear / Signal Hill w/ pub stops on Water/George Streets
- Dawson City
- Niagara Falls
- Montreal F1 Weekend (haven't done that yet, - in June out of criteria, but you'd need more than July to do my list properly)
- July 1st Blue Jays game if not doing it at Niagara Falls or in Ottawa
Old Apr 27, 2018, 5:49 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by YZF_Elite
My top 5 things that come to mind, which are really impossible to do cost/time effectively in one trip:

- Cape Spear / Signal Hill w/ pub stops on Water/George Streets
- Dawson City
- Niagara Falls
- Montreal F1 Weekend (haven't done that yet, - in June out of criteria, but you'd need more than July to do my list properly)
- July 1st Blue Jays game if not doing it at Niagara Falls or in Ottawa
Sounds easy to do cost (busses) or time (charter planes) wise

If I had to choose things in Canada to see again Banff and Jasper in early or late summer to avoid some crowds would top the list. Tofino isn’t bad too. Cape Breton is popular for a reason albeit you can get the same views from other places (the UK and CA coasts for example).

Niagara is kinda bleh after the 6th time or so lol. Far too busy and commercial these days. CN tower didn’t impress me either visit, day or night.
Old Apr 27, 2018, 6:06 pm

Hot springs at Bishop Bay, Douglas Channel, west of Kitimat

Berg Lake Trail, Mount Robson, in the Rockies

Drive across the prairies. Take your time doing it.

North shore of Superior.

Cabot Trail, Cape Breton, Nova Scotia

I'd love to go north--Inuvik, Dawson City, Yellowknife, boat down the MacKenzie, mouth of the Coppermine river, Iqaluit/Baffin Island. Not enough money, not enough time.

Last edited by kalderlake; Apr 27, 2018 at 6:08 pm Reason: correct punctuation
Old Apr 30, 2018, 4:12 am

A trip to Europe may not be in your budget, but a visit to Québec City could be. This Canadian city charms its visitors with 17th- and 18th-century buildings. The aromas of freshly baked bread and brewing espresso fill the cobblestone streets with the essence of Paris.
Old Apr 30, 2018, 7:41 pm

Programs: Hilton - Diamond; SPG/Marriott - Gold
I took a great 10 day road trip last July - beginning and ending in Montreal. Best parts of the trip:

1. PEI Beaches
2. Green Gables house
3. Bay of Fundy
4. Cape Breton (including the Alexander Graham Bell Historic Site)
5. Quebec City (Frontenac, Old Fortifications, and Montmorency Falls).
Old May 1, 2018, 9:12 am
Suspended

Anyone who where National Geographic has rated as the number one family vacation destination in the world?

https://torontolife.com/city/muskoka...al-geographic/
Old May 1, 2018, 11:48 pm

Cape Breton - the Cabot Trail, and North of it (forget about Sydney and Glace Bay).
Bay of Fundy - especially Burncoat Head (come at low tide with rubber boots, go for a hike on the Ocean floor, go for lunch, come back for the high tide)
Brier Island
Quebec City
Iles de la Madeleine (yes, Entry Island is worth the daytrip - unless you are restricted in your mobility)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.