Wiki Posts
Search

APC in YYZ - connecting passengers

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2018, 7:36 am
Original Poster

APC in YYZ - connecting passengers

Hi
First time connecting from WAW to ORD through YYZ on Air Canada. I understand that i need to follow F gates / connections to Security and CBP. My bags should go directly to ORD.

Only thing that seems different from going to ORD directly is security screening and APC use. Info from one part of website says

https://torontopearson.com/AutomatedPassportControl/#
"If you are a U.S. passport holder or a Canadian passport holder and do not have or require a Visa or work permit to enter the U.S., you are eligible to use APC. "

at the other hand https://torontopearson.com/Departing_to_usa.aspx#

"Passengers with a valid B1/B2 Visa, ESTA, Legal Permanent Resident Card, Border Crossing Card, American Passport and Canadian passport holders without a Visa or work permit can use the Automated Passport Control kiosks to enter the U.S. These kiosks make it easier and faster to move through US CBP processing by automating the traditional paper declaration form."

So, which one is correct for B1/B2 visa holder coming from non ESTA country?

Any tips for going thorugh YYZ for family with minors (8-10)? I was thinking about Timbits in Tim Horton :-) I don't think there is poutine available in T1. Thankfully our flight is in the afternoon so 2h connecting time shouldn't be a problem.
Old Mar 25, 2018, 6:22 am

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
recommend the Aiport Link Train

Originally Posted by zonzi
Hi. Any tips for going thorugh YYZ for family with minors (8-10)? I was thinking about Timbits in Tim Horton :-) I don't think there is poutine available in T1. Thankfully our flight is in the afternoon so 2h connecting time shouldn't be a problem.
Stereotyping CA cuisine is not (IMO) the best way to introduce kids to a country! T1 has pretty much everything. With 2 h, I would be consider more of an adventure e.g. take the free Terminal Link from T1 to T3 (Sheraton has decent food) or - even better - to Viscount Station and go for a walk:
https://torontopearson.com/en/link/#
Old Mar 25, 2018, 10:06 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Actually, a 2h Intl-US connection in YYZ in the afternoon, when all the long-hauls from Europe arrive and their passengers connect, is not that generous.

You should be fine, but assuming that you will walk at a pace suitable for kids, perhaps don't sit at the front of the incoming aircraft, have to go through CBP pre-clearance and security re-screening etc., you will not have tons of time for escapades on the Terminal train etc. before your flight to ORD boards at T-30.

Just follow the connections flow and clear all the required steps. Once you're in the transborder departures zone, you can relax and indulge in Timbits

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.