Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OSS, One Stop Security Initiative

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2016, 1:31 am

Programs: 1 thousand
Originally Posted by OSSYULYYZ
What is the need to separate them before the immigration check? Just put the corridor behind the agents in the connections booths. That way, if they are qualified for OSS, CBSA agents would open the corridor entrance. If they are not qualified for OSS, CBSA agents would instruct them to go down to baggage claim like the current process...
FWIW that's essentially what happens in YVR international transfers. There's an airport agent after CBSA who will direct you either directly into departures, or to the small security checkpoint depending on your arriving BP.
Old Feb 1, 2017, 4:46 am

Programs: AC SE
OSS in YUL is live (in part)

I had the pleasure of being amongst the first to experience OSS in YUL last night. My BP had OSS printed in the upper right hand corner but, as most of you know, that didn't mean much until now. I was flying EWR-YUL-YQB and when I showed up at one of the CBSA counters in the connections area of the customs hall in YUL, the agent got all excited, took my declaration card and directed me to an AC agent behind her. We no longer have to pick up our luggage or even go through the baggage hall. I ended up straight in the international portion of the terminal, by the big duty-free shop, nearly in front of the intl MLL. I was at my gate for my YUL-YQB flight less than 10 minutes after my interview with the CBSA officer, who told me that OSS is now live for passengers inbound from EWR and IAH for the moment. That allowed me to grab a seat on an earlier flight and save two hours of my evening. Well done, YUL!
Old Feb 1, 2017, 7:20 am

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Originally Posted by jasdou
I had the pleasure of being amongst the first to experience OSS in YUL last night. My BP had OSS printed in the upper right hand corner but, as most of you know, that didn't mean much until now. I was flying EWR-YUL-YQB and when I showed up at one of the CBSA counters in the connections area of the customs hall in YUL, the agent got all excited, took my declaration card and directed me to an AC agent behind her. We no longer have to pick up our luggage or even go through the baggage hall. I ended up straight in the international portion of the terminal, by the big duty-free shop, nearly in front of the intl MLL. I was at my gate for my YUL-YQB flight less than 10 minutes after my interview with the CBSA officer, who told me that OSS is now live for passengers inbound from EWR and IAH for the moment. That allowed me to grab a seat on an earlier flight and save two hours of my evening. Well done, YUL!
Nice development!
Old Feb 13, 2017, 5:40 pm

Programs: aroplan
OSS In YYC is fully operational. WAW FRA YYC YEG and once I hit the nexus line I was directed to the very right scanned my boarding card twice. I did not have to go through security again, it was great. Did IAH YYC YEG and same thing to lineups and need to go through security. OSS works in Calgary

AK
Old Apr 28, 2017, 2:07 pm

Programs: AC SE, AMEX Plat, Marriott Gold, NEXUS/GE
I just got the OSS treatment at YYZ on a domestic connection from the USA. First time for me. Flew LAX-YYZ. Cleared customs in sterile area, skipped security and then took a shuttle bus to the D gates for my connector. Worked well...weird to take a shuttle at YYZ for sure.
Old May 10, 2017, 4:47 am

Programs: AC Elite
Originally Posted by cavitron
I just got the OSS treatment at YYZ on a domestic connection from the USA. First time for me. Flew LAX-YYZ. Cleared customs in sterile area, skipped security and then took a shuttle bus to the D gates for my connector. Worked well...weird to take a shuttle at YYZ for sure.
Am intrigued as I just came through YYZ en route to YXU ex-LGA. I had OSS on my boarding card, but where exactly would I have tried to use it? Just after NEXUS area? Do you skip going down the escalator to the baggae claim area? Thanks.
Old May 10, 2017, 8:39 am

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Originally Posted by propofol
Am intrigued as I just came through YYZ en route to YXU ex-LGA. I had OSS on my boarding card, but where exactly would I have tried to use it? Just after NEXUS area? Do you skip going down the escalator to the baggae claim area? Thanks.
If you've gone down the escalator to enter the customs hall, you've gone too far. When I used it in April, there was a sign directing domestic connection pax to a small office staffed by CBSA officers before you even get to the escalators taking you down to the customs hall.
Old May 22, 2017, 6:07 pm

Hi folks. Can you clarify what happens to you checked bags if you do OSS at YYZ (i.e. US to YYZ to YUL)? I thought that they automatically dump out at the baggage carrousel before exiting customs?
Old May 22, 2017, 6:24 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, NEXUS
Originally Posted by YULJetSet
Hi folks. Can you clarify what happens to you checked bags if you do OSS at YYZ (i.e. US to YYZ to YUL)? I thought that they automatically dump out at the baggage carrousel before exiting customs?
You do not have to pick up bags. They will be automatically transferred to YUL since you are coming from the States. A few people have claimed that a corridor has opened up allowing people to avoid going through security again. I have no idea where this is and a few pics would help everyone, if you do get some...
Old May 22, 2017, 7:22 pm

I'm confused...my bags always come out at YYZ carousel when coming from the US, even with a connecting flight to YUL... How would the baggage tracking system know that I used OSS instead of the regular route? Thanks
Old May 22, 2017, 7:37 pm

I'm confused...my bags always come out at YYZ carousel when coming from the US, even with a connecting flight to YUL... How would the baggage tracking system know that I used OSS instead of the regular route? Thanks
The "regular route" has not involved picking up your bags at YYZ for ages... I feel like it's probably been give or take a year since AC bags haven't had to be picked up when doing US->YYZ->Domestic.
Old May 23, 2017, 4:23 am

That's not true. I did it in March 2017 when returning on AC from New Orleans...
Old May 23, 2017, 8:08 am

That's not true. I did it in March 2017 when returning on AC from New Orleans...
Feel free to search FT for the exact date yourself. People have even posted pictures of the (poorly written) signs in the customs hall explaining that bags don't need to be picked up. I don't remember when this came into effect, but it was well before March 2017.

ETA: I'm feeling a little generous this morning... here's a thread dating back to August 2016 which discusses the non-necessity of picking up bags in YYZ: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...toms-help.html -- and the procedure wasn't new then, either.

Last edited by ffsim; May 23, 2017 at 8:17 am
Old May 25, 2017, 9:53 pm

Programs: AC*G-E100K (once again)
Did I miss something?

I had OSS on my boarding pass today.

SFO-YVR-YYC.

Nothing special happened at YVR. Still had to go outside and then go back through security. Or did I miss something?
Old May 26, 2017, 3:32 pm

Originally Posted by cooleddie
Did I miss something?

I had OSS on my boarding pass today.

SFO-YVR-YYC.

Nothing special happened at YVR. Still had to go outside and then go back through security. Or did I miss something?
YVR isn't setup for it yet to my knowledge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.