Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2016, 12:15 pm
Original Poster

New discount airline NewLeaf Travel

http://business.financialpost.com/ne...s-as-low-as-89

In a nutshell:
  • New Canadian discount carrier
  • Starts Feb 12, 2016
  • Flying between: Halifax, Hamilton, Regina, Saskatoon, Abbotsford, Kelowna, and Winnipeg.
  • One way fares as low as $89 but with a bunch of nickle and diming fees
Old Jan 6, 2016, 3:01 pm

Programs: AC 75K
Interesting to see how/if AC and WS adjust their pricing on similar routes over the next few days. Or if some nice "sales" will spring up as a result.

Hoping NewLeaf succeeds, however given the history of LCC/alternative startup carriers in the last decade or so I'm not holding my breath.

Interesting that they've skipped on Alberta as well. I guess YEG/YYC are "too big" for them to go to? Or already over served by WS?
Old Jan 7, 2016, 10:18 am
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by WesternCDN
Interesting that they've skipped on Alberta as well. I guess YEG/YYC are "too big" for them to go to? Or already over served by WS?
WS and AC are big in YYC, no surprise they don't want to take that on.
Old Jan 8, 2016, 1:15 pm

Looks like WS did offer some discounts based on this airlines offerings, but they did not last quite as long and did not apply quite as soon as NewLeaf schedule begins.

http://www.yyzdeals.com/toronto-to-w...ncluding-taxes

Specifically, the reduced prices for BC flights only start in April - no luck for anyone hoping to take a ski trip out west.
Old Jan 8, 2016, 8:39 pm

Programs: United 1K, AC 50K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Platinum
These WS flight deals to Saskatoon and Regina are amazing. I haven't seen even close to this from one of Canada's two main carriers since the mid-1990s.
Old Jan 11, 2016, 11:48 am
Original Poster

Article from Global BC about things to be concerned about if traveling with NewLeaf. It mainly identifies the airline not spelling out in detail what the airline liability and passenger rights are around stuff like overbooking policy, passenger rerouting, baggage liability, etc.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.