Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Canada
Reload this Page >

YVR US transborder to international connection: boarding pass required?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2015, 4:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: CO-plat, SPG-plat

In contemplating separate tickets with a connection at YVR (no checked baggage, so I do not need to deal with re-checking baggage). I plan to book the second leg on Eva Air and upgrade with miles.

http://www.evaair.com/en-us/frequent...nline-check-in

BR's on-line check-in FAQ lists passengers not eligible and states that "Passengers with an upgraded booking cannot check in online."

I reviewed YVR connection information at http://www.yvr.ca/en/navigating-YVR/...rough-YVR.aspx

From what I understand, if I cannot produce boarding pass at customs/immigration, they will force me to exit and proceed to the check-in counters whereas those with international boarding passes proceed directly to the gate. Is this accurate?

I wonder whether I should avoid connecting in Canada to avoid this hassle. Thank you!

Last edited by Totoro; Dec 29, 2015 at 6:36 am
Old Dec 29, 2015, 11:50 am

This is by all rights is not a "connection". Calling it so will only go to confuse issues if something goes wrong. And yes if you do not have a boarding pass you will not be able to proceed to any gates.
Old Dec 29, 2015, 3:19 pm

Programs: United MileagePlus Silver, Nexus, Global Entry
Originally Posted by Totoro
From what I understand, if I cannot produce boarding pass at customs/immigration, they will force me to exit and proceed to the check-in counters whereas those with international boarding passes proceed directly to the gate.
Correct. If you don't have a boarding pass for your EVA flight you'll need to enter Canada, then proceed upstairs to check-in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.