Wiki Posts
Search

Uber From YYZ to the City - Possible?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2017, 10:43 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by bocastephen
No. See upthread, you need to take the monorail to the parking garage and call from there. Lots of people are waiting outside the garage for cheaper Uber X pickups.
This is probably the way to go for UberX.

Was at YYZ T1 on Thursday around 7PM. The taxi queue was close to 100 ppl. Since I was going to downtown anyway, took the UP Express instead.
Old Oct 21, 2017, 6:17 am

Programs: BA Silver, VS Red, OZ Silver
I have a related question on this.

I'm arriving at YYZ late at night next week with multiple heavy bags. Is it easy to get to the parking garages with lots of luggage or should I just swallow the taxi fare from the terminal?
Old Oct 21, 2017, 11:22 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Skatering
I have a related question on this.

I'm arriving at YYZ late at night next week with multiple heavy bags. Is it easy to get to the parking garages with lots of luggage or should I just swallow the taxi fare from the terminal?
From the terminal to where? A taxi driver will be furious if they lose their place in line to take you across the street for $4 and it's not fair to them, either. The monorail is easy to access and will take you to the garage/hotel station where you can get UberX if you prefer, otherwise you can get a standard limousine, airport taxi or premium Uber option to your final destination from the terminal.
Old Oct 21, 2017, 7:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Monorail is easy. There are escalators and elevators(might have to wait for your turn) up and down from the terminal and extended parking (Uber waiting area).
Old Oct 22, 2017, 7:24 am

Programs: BA Silver, VS Red, OZ Silver
Thanks. Maybe I wasn't clear in my post...I was comparing a taxi from the terminal to my destination vs the monorail with lots of bags to the Ubers (and whether I'd hit up against crowds, stairs or other obstacles). But the parking garage option sounds doable.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 8:32 am

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Just to provide a few clear directions here.

From T1 head left out of the customs area, if you are waking towards the dinosaur and blue clock you are going the wrong way.

Keep going about as far as you can until you hit elevators, go up one level. Now head left onto the bridge and follow the route around until you hit the monorail, which is barely sign posted but you will get there. Don't go to the UPX, signs to T3 are best.

Once on monorail go to the end (not T3 which is the middle stop).

End of the line go right, towards the parking lot and not the parking garage. Elevator down.

Walk outside, big hotel (not the Sheraton) to the left and mini ring road for cars to pull around. Call Uber. Best to close and reopen the app to ensure it doesn't think you are at T1.

It IS a trek from T1. And half the trek is on carpet that makes pushing suitcases very hard work. From T3 one assumes it'd be easier but that isn't a terminal I frequent.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.