Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Priority security lane at YVR?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2014, 7:01 pm
Original Poster

Priority security lane at YVR?

Does AC have a priority security lane at YVR (domestic)? All I could see was the normal lane and then a 2nd for NEXUS.
Old Dec 6, 2014, 7:08 pm

Programs: AC E50K/*G
Originally Posted by OilyDuck
Does AC have a priority security lane at YVR (domestic)? All I could see was the normal lane and then a 2nd for NEXUS.
Yes there is a priority security line at YVR. If you are in J, have SE, or E75,50,35 you will be given a green sticker on your BP at checkin. Then you can proceed to the security line with the Fastrack sign.
Old Dec 6, 2014, 7:59 pm

Programs: AC-E50K, *G, WS-Gold, Nexus, HH-Diamond, Marriott-Gold, Hertz-PC
Originally Posted by nascar99
Yes there is a priority security line at YVR.
Speaking of which, what happened to the Nexus self-serve scanner there with the saloon-style plastic gates that would open after you scanned your card? Great piece of technology that cost who knows what, and then was yanked out and replaced by a grumpy CATSA agent who just blocks the entrance until you flash them your card. Progress!
Old Dec 6, 2014, 8:07 pm

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member
Originally Posted by TravellingGypsy
Speaking of which, what happened to the Nexus self-serve scanner there with the saloon-style plastic gates that would open after you scanned your card? Great piece of technology that cost who knows what, and then was yanked out and replaced by a grumpy CATSA agent who just blocks the entrance until you flash them your card. Progress!
I witnessed so many problems at that gate....they had no choice but to rip it out IMO.
Old Dec 6, 2014, 9:54 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Yes there is a priority security line at YVR. If you are in J, have SE, or E75,50,35 you will be given a green sticker on your BP at checkin. Then you can proceed to the security line with the Fastrack sign.
What happens if you don't have NEXUS and are using an online boarding pass? Can you still use priority check in if you have Altitude status?
Old Dec 6, 2014, 10:30 pm

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member
Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
What happens if you don't have NEXUS and are using an online boarding pass? Can you still use priority check in if you have Altitude status?
Yes. They see your status on the BP.
Old Dec 6, 2014, 10:46 pm

Programs: AC SE, Fairmont Platinum, Bonvoy Titanium
The line closes at 4pm so after that you're stuck with the normal line unless you have Nexus.
Old Dec 6, 2014, 11:49 pm

Programs: AS 100K, UA*S, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond | Formerly: AC Super Elite
SO THAT'S WHAT THE STICKER IS FOR!!!!

Overnighted at YVR once due to irrops, went to SE check-in the next morning (to the all-too-familiar-tune of "are you super elite?") and had no idea why they defaced my bp with a green sticker.

And I wasted like 20 extra minutes of my life queuing up with the kettles, oh the humanity
Old Dec 7, 2014, 12:04 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by maradori
SO THAT'S WHAT THE STICKER IS FOR!!!!

Overnighted at YVR once due to irrops, went to SE check-in the next morning (to the all-too-familiar-tune of "are you super elite?") and had no idea why they defaced my bp with a green sticker.

And I wasted like 20 extra minutes of my life queuing up with the kettles, oh the humanity

Oh the outrage! Did any of the kettles ask for your autograph?
Old Dec 7, 2014, 12:34 am

Programs: AC*SE-MM, BA Bronze, Marriott Titanium & lifetime Plat
IIRC, though, the line just dumps you to the front of the VBIT line (or maybe it's different at peak times?)
Old Dec 7, 2014, 1:36 am

Originally Posted by dudestir
The line closes at 4pm so after that you're stuck with the normal line unless you have Nexus.
Why can't they close it at a later time...4 pm is too early for me.
bubbelbine likes this.
Old Dec 7, 2014, 2:15 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by agjil
Why can't they close it at a later time...4 pm is too early for me.
The lane closes at 4pm?? I would file that under.....w t f?
Old Dec 9, 2014, 5:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Blame it on VAA stupidity?
Old Dec 9, 2014, 5:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
To be clear to those who are new to YVR domestic FastTrack security lanes for AC status/J/Nexus travellers - the entry point is the same for all then the left lane is for NEXUS and the right lane for status/premium - but they all typically funnel back into the regular line at the mouth of the feeder lanes...

I now have more disdain for YVR security than YYZ security if you can believe it...
Old Dec 9, 2014, 9:36 am

Programs: AS 100K, UA*S, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond | Formerly: AC Super Elite
Originally Posted by yyznomad
I now have more disdain for YVR security than YYZ security if you can believe it...
What's truly egregious is how much of a double-eew tee eff clusterf*ck is YVR's airside transborder transfer.

I don't mind the walk from the domestic gate to the MLL, to the info desk, make a left turn, walk to the end of the hall, show b/p, enter the hallway at the right, walk straight for a while, make a left past the Hanami restaurant that is always closed, and then making a right to the International MLL.

What I do mind is the absolutely lilliputian security screening checkpoint -- no matter whether one or all three (seriously, three?) lines are open, the screening is equally slow

Additionally, the utter lack of space completely prevents being able to split the security queue between regular travellers and :-: :-: priority :-: :-: pax like us. YUL and YYZ can do it, why can't YVR?

And yet YVR consistently ranks higher than those two airports in rankings. Shows how much credibility airport rankings are

Luckily I don't have nexus/GE yet, or else i'd also be adding a rant about how $#@ stupid it is that the airside part of CBP doesn't have any of the machines. Even YUL can do it ....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.