Wiki Posts
Search

Secondary Security Check in YYZ

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2011, 6:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by GJS - yow
There is nothing 'random' about the secondary searches, despite what CATSA tries to tell you. Some are selected because they meet some target requirements for additional attention; others are selected from non-target groups to make it appear that there is no targeting.
The Canadian government must be quite sophisticated! There is no way that the US TSA could ever pull off something as complicated as you explain.
Old May 8, 2011, 5:26 pm

Programs: AC E
Originally Posted by hazcaddy
That mat in fact insulates you from the rebar in the floor's concrete, which used to set off too many false alarms in the wands.

Whether you're going domestic or X-border, they have them all across this country. It was only a CATSA guy at YYG who took the time to tell me why they have these rubber mats.
Not sure what mat you're talking about, but I'm sure encampbe was referring to the mat at the entrance to the security lines, which, when stepped on, randomly lights up either a left- or right-pointing arrow on an attached sign, directing you to either the regular security line or the line for more thorough screening. There are no wands anywhere nearby at this point.
Old May 9, 2011, 1:06 pm
Suspended

Programs: AE SE, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by klparrot
Not sure what mat you're talking about, but I'm sure encampbe was referring to the mat at the entrance to the security lines, which, when stepped on, randomly lights up either a left- or right-pointing arrow on an attached sign, directing you to either the regular security line or the line for more thorough screening. There are no wands anywhere nearby at this point.
I think hascaddy was talking about something else because that arrow mat we step on protects us from rebar in the concrete almost as much as it protects us from Niburu coming into the solar system in 2012.
Old May 13, 2011, 3:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: 2MM, Lifetime E75K, Lifetime Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by dave0823
Is it just me or a coincidence that for the past 5 weeks clearing domestic security in YYZ, I was randomly tagged for a secondary search 4 times? Although I travel every week, I have rarely been tagged for secondary search (and no, I did not have 'SSSSS' printed on my boarding pass) until now, but lately it seems to be stepped up. It happens when entering the metal detector and it 'randomly' goes off to alert TSA to perform a secondary search.

Have others seen the same?
Yesterday I spoke with the CATSA agents in YYZ regarding the secondary check, and I was informed that you will be tagged if you walk through the scanner very quickly. It does make since. Since then, I walk slowly through the scanner and so far, so good.
Old May 19, 2011, 7:13 pm

Programs: Fairmont Platinum | AC Gate Lice Status | VIPorter
Ah, the modern day de-lousing before stepping onto the cattle train cars.
Technology has progressed: now they zap your DNA using radiation. No more showers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.