Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Canada
Reload this Page >

Anyone been to the Araxi Restaurant - Whistler, BC?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2009, 3:09 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC

I'm going to be in Vancouver in January and as a big Hell's Kitchen fan, I was thinking about driving up to Whistler to sample this restaurant (it was the place the winner got to be head chef of last season). Anyone been here? If yes, is it worth the drive?

Thank you in advance.

http://www.araxi.com/
Old Dec 10, 2009, 4:07 pm

Programs: United MileagePlus Silver, Nexus, Global Entry
Originally Posted by CMK10
I'm going to be in Vancouver in January and as a big Hell's Kitchen fan, I was thinking about driving up to Whistler to sample this restaurant (it was the place the winner got to be head chef of last season). Anyone been here? If yes, is it worth the drive?
Hmm.... Tough Question

Is it good? Yes.

Is it very good? Sometimes.

Is it 'great'? No.

Would I drive to Whistler in January just to go to Araxi? No.

Would I go to Araxi if I was already in Whistler? Yes.

Would I drive to Whistler in January to visit Whistler in general? Yes.

...In other words, if you've never been to Whistler, it's a beautiful drive a great day trip and it's fun to wander the village. So if you want to see Whistler then by all means head up there and make Araxi a part of that.

...but if you've seen Whistler before I wouldn't bother driving all the way up there just to go to Araxi, particularly on Winter mountain roads.
Old Dec 10, 2009, 6:00 pm

Programs: AC E75, SPG Plat, HH peon-by-choice (ex Gold)
Agree with gglave.

It's good, but so are many other restos in Vancouver.

IMO, it's definitely not worth going there "just for the experience".
Old Dec 11, 2009, 8:16 am

Programs: DL Gold, SPG Gold
I will "third" the sentiment. The food was OK, nothing spectacular. It has a nice ambience and has a great location in the Village. However, I would not make a special trip to Whistler just to visit the restaurant. As was mentioned, there are other restaurants in Whistler that are just as good, if not better (e.g., Quattro).
Old Dec 11, 2009, 12:14 pm

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by gglave
Hmm.... Tough Question

Is it good? Yes.

Is it very good? Sometimes.

Is it 'great'? No.

Would I drive to Whistler in January just to go to Araxi? No.

Would I go to Araxi if I was already in Whistler? Yes.

Would I drive to Whistler in January to visit Whistler in general? Yes.

...In other words, if you've never been to Whistler, it's a beautiful drive a great day trip and it's fun to wander the village. So if you want to see Whistler then by all means head up there and make Araxi a part of that.

...but if you've seen Whistler before I wouldn't bother driving all the way up there just to go to Araxi, particularly on Winter mountain roads.
+ 1 Very accurate description.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.