Going to Beverly Hills - LAX or BUR?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2002, 9:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Gold, UA Ag Muti-year WN Companion Pass, A+, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat Ntl EmExElite

Have to go to Beverly Hills in June. Would it be quicker going through Burbank instead of LAX? Looking at the map it looks like the drive time to the airport would be about the same, and I was thinking the checkin and dropping off a rental car would be quicker through Burbank.

Any thoughts?
Old Apr 21, 2002, 1:42 pm
Original Member

Location: The shape-shifting urban sprawl that is El Lay. FT member #71.
Programs: UA Gold & MM; DL & AA credit card dirt status; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Fool's Gold
The drive time from LAX to Beverly Hills is going to be less. But you have a legit point about the rental cars and check-in.
Old Apr 22, 2002, 6:52 pm
askworldtraveler

LAX hands down. The drive from Burbank, while looking the same requires going over the Santa Monica Mountains via one of the Canyon Roads(Coldwater, Laurel, Bevery Glen) or the the 405 pass, or worse yet, around Downtown. Even in the worst traffic there are good ways to BH from LAX - 25 min on a baaaaad day. (if you want to know the best route, e mail me, be pleased to help out). The rental car drop off is a minor point - unless you are planning a sprint to the gate.

One other option is to drop your car off in BH and take the $20 taxi ride right to your terminal.

------------------
Askworldtraveler, EXP,4 million AA miles+++Hilton Gold (thanks to EXP)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.