Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Where to store luggage in San Diego?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2019, 1:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
Looks like a service just opened up for baggage storage/dropoff/delivery at the airport:

Here’s how it works: a traveler makes a reservation via the company’s website or at the Baggage Nanny kiosk at the San Diego International Airport. At the kiosk, they drop off their bags for the company to store safely. Later, a Baggage Nanny employee delivers the bags to the traveler’s destination of choice, at the time specified in the reservation.

[...]

Baggage Nanny can drop off the bags at the traveler’s hotel, rental property, or home. The company charges a fee of $20 per bag, no matter the size. The service can also pick up bags from hotels or homes and store them at the requested terminal for the traveler ahead of their departure from the San Diego International Airport.
Hopefully they do well and stick around long term. ^
Old Sep 14, 2019, 7:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Originally Posted by tmiw
Baggage Nanny didn't "just open."

The company was already mentioned earlier in this thread, in posts 10 (from Oct. 2018) and 14 (from May 2019).

However, the opening of Baggage Nanny kiosks at the airport is apparently a recent development.
Old Sep 15, 2019, 1:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GE, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by KathyWdrf
Baggage Nanny didn't "just open."

The company was already mentioned earlier in this thread, in posts 10 (from Oct. 2018) and 14 (from May 2019).

However, the opening of Baggage Nanny kiosks at the airport is apparently a recent development.
Point taken. ^ The airport kiosks are definitely a good development for those who can't get late checkout and don't want to make sure they go back to the hotel to pick up their bags before going to the airport.

Also, as someone who lives in SD, I have no need for them, but hopefully they continue to be reliable for those who do.
Old Sep 15, 2019, 2:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Originally Posted by ranles
Rental cars usually have a trunk you can keep your luggage in. No time, no additional cost.
According to the OP, they would be "drinking" and I applaud anyone who decides not to drive in such a situation. (Yes, I know this is way after the fact. )

Also, not everyone drives (understatement), not everyone rents cars, not everyone wants to drive in an unfamiliar location (perhaps even on a different side of the road than they are used to), and sometimes a rental car is simply an unnecessary additional expense.

Finally, car trunks are not particularly secure. They are easily broken into, without even leaving a mark on the car. Not everyone wants to take the chance of leaving baggage in a car trunk.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.