Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Need your help for January trip to So Cal

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2013, 4:52 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by djp98374
look at the data....avg highs for Miami is warmer than Palm Springs and avg lows are warmer than Palm Springs. Palm Springs have higher record highs temperature and lower record low temperatures. In Palm Springs you have a greater shot of the temps being below freezing. Miami also has the benfit of being near a body of water you can swim in during January.
The ocean in Florida in January is nowhere near as pleasant to swim in as a large pool in Palm Springs, which would likely be at least 10, perhaps 15 degrees warmer, being heated.
Old Sep 26, 2013, 10:36 am

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
Originally Posted by flyboy60
Nothing personal, but Florida is nowhere NEAR as warm as Palm Springs in January. Typical Palm Springs area weather is low 60s at night, high 80s or low 90s during the day.
I disagree with this. Averages compiled by The Weather Channel (see: http://www.weather.com/weather/wxcli...graph/USCA0828) show typical January days would have high temperatures in the low 70s and lows in the mid 40s. My experiences visiting the Palm Springs area in winter months match the figures shown in the chart.

Last edited by darthbimmer; Sep 26, 2013 at 10:48 am
Old Sep 26, 2013, 4:19 pm

Programs: Marriott (Silver/Gold), IHG, Carlson, Best Western, Choice( Gold), AS (MVP), WN, UA
Originally Posted by flyboy60
The ocean in Florida in January is nowhere near as pleasant to swim in as a large pool in Palm Springs, which would likely be at least 10, perhaps 15 degrees warmer, being heated.
Last time I checked many of the hotels in south florida also come with pools......

you have to compare apples to apples.....
Old Sep 27, 2013, 12:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: The local deli gives me 1 free sandwich after I buy 10
Originally Posted by darthbimmer
I disagree with this. Averages compiled by The Weather Channel (see: http://www.weather.com/weather/wxcli...graph/USCA0828) show typical January days would have high temperatures in the low 70s and lows in the mid 40s. My experiences visiting the Palm Springs area in winter months match the figures shown in the chart.
The chart is helpful and encouraging, seems there is a very good chance we will have sunny warm days if we end up in Palm Springs. It is sunny California after all!
I don't mind a cooler night.
Old Oct 2, 2013, 6:04 pm

Programs: None
Santa Barbara and winery tour too?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.