Wiki Posts
Search

Cheap Car Rental Orlando?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2008, 1:28 pm
Original Poster

Cheap Car Rental Orlando?

Hey chaps,

Is this the correct forum to post in for very cheap car rental, I don't care if it has square wheels as long as it moves.

My dates are the 11th-18th January.
Old Dec 15, 2008, 4:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Frontier Gold, DL estranged 1MMer, Spirit VIP, CO/NW/UA/AA once gold/plat/comped gold now dust.
My usual strategy would be to check it on Hotwire, then use that as a ceiling for Priceline bids. Unless there's some event in town I'd even try for single figures per day on the Priceline bid, as MCO is really huge in terms of car numbers available, so any softening of travel demand (as may well happen, due to the economy) leaves a lot of cars just sitting on the lot. Car companies hate to drop prices, so they use PL to quietly do discounts for the most price-sensitive. This assumes your plans are firm.

Am generally very negative about using companies other than the big names (Hertz, Avis, National, *maybe* Budget & Alamo). The further down the food chain you go, the more likely you are to get the pressurized insurance bit (& making you show proof thereof if you try to decline) or the nitpicky damage bit or other things to pad revenue.
Old Dec 15, 2008, 10:23 pm

Programs: Vietnam, Asiana, Singapore, EVA, Southwest
I rented recently through Carrentals.com for Budget, but then saw slightly lower rates through Hotwire. If you have auto insurance of your own, stay away from insurance fees - a total ripoff!!!

If you need a rental in Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, London, New York, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Portland, San Francisco, Seattle, Toronto, Vancouver or Washington DC., you might consider joining Zipcar - the car sharing agency where you can rent by the hour. Zipcar pays all fuel and insurance fees. They rent imports only and many are hybrids.

Last edited by Daawgon; Dec 15, 2008 at 10:30 pm
Old Dec 19, 2008, 2:52 pm
JH6

Start with carrentals.com.

I usually end up with Payless when visiting orlando.

Very cheap, and usually brand new cars.
Old Dec 23, 2008, 3:07 pm

747, did you have any luck? I am looking to rent from Feb20 to March 1 and the rates are sky high! I;m talking over 400 for a midsize...hopefully they go down before my trip....
Old Dec 30, 2008, 2:05 pm
Suspended

FL car rental is not too bad. YOu can try to find a discount code or buy a free day cert off ebay.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.