Wiki Posts
Search

Reasonable restaurants near Sheraton Old San Juan Hotel

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2008, 12:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold; SPG: Gold:
Reasonable restaurants near Sheraton Old San Juan Hotel

We are going to be 12 people on our way to a cruise, staying overnight at the above mentioned hotel. Can anyone recommend inexpensive restaurants nearby for breakfast and dinner? Any help much appreciated.
Old May 19, 2008, 12:24 pm

Programs: DL Gold, DL MM 8/22/16!
It is a little bit of an adventure, but if you walk down the main street to the ferries, and catch the ferry that would take you to the Baccardi factory, directly across the street from the landing is a wonderful relatively new restaurant. I don't remember the name of it, but we were treated very well. An adventurous, but fairly authentic local menu all in Spanish. A very nice place. Maybe $8 to $10 a plate?

Also quite near where the ferry originates in that same that direction is a good old Subway.

There is a Cold Stone Creamery in the opposite direction.

And back away from the bay and into Old San Juan (a very few blocks) there are tons of little local eateries. Delightful places.

Romelle
Old May 19, 2008, 1:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold; SPG: Gold:
thanks very much.
Old May 19, 2008, 1:43 pm

Programs: UA, DL, AA, BD, NZ, QF, DJ, RCC, SPG, Priority Club, Accor Platinum
For breakfast, I'd recommend La Bombanera. Although many tourists eat here, it is still a popular place for locals. Try the majorcas - a type of bread/pastry filled with cheese/ham/bacon, etc. Very inexpensive and about 5-10 minute walk from the Sheraton Old San Juan. Well known, so you won't have any difficulty getting directions.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.