Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Friday Fares... Help!!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2006, 3:01 pm
Original Poster

Friday Fares... Help!!

(I initially posted this in TravelBuzz but struck out there, and thought I might have more luck asking in here...)

This has probably been asked and answered in these forum pages before (though a cursory search turned up little of relevance), but here goes: I'm looking to travel from the Washington, DC area to Salt Lake in early March, and last Friday I missed the chance on a great fare ($224 roundtrip all included). As of now, the cheapest fares for this routing that suit my schedule are at least $100 more expensive than this fare. I'm aware that new fares are generally made available on Fridays, and it was pretty dumb of me not to jump on the $224 fare when it was available.

So I'm hoping that the significant expertise and experience of the forum readers here can help me figure out the best answer to this question: is it better for me to cut my losses and book now (for a fare that is bound to be non-refundable), or to wait until Friday and see if anything promising shows up again? There's still quite some time before my travel dates, and I've snagged some great bargains before when booking much less in advance ($178 PVD-OAK, 3 weeks advance), so my gut feeling is that some better fares will pop up before March. But should I bank on this?

Thanks in advance!
Old Jan 3, 2006, 10:06 pm

missed it?

hmm, www.cheapair.com shows flights still available

choose flexible time

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.