Internet Cafe's

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Internet Cafe's

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2005, 7:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: No more status...just doing my best in burning my points/miles.
Internet Cafe's

Hi,
I'm headed to Singapore and Thailand in a week or so and would like not to bring my laptop. However, I am addicted to FT (and work) and need to check emails and chat online when I'm there. Can anyone recommend a few good (and cheap) Internet Cafe's in Singapore and BKK?

Thanks in advance.
Old Dec 30, 2005, 7:08 am

Originally Posted by party_boy
Hi,
I'm headed to Singapore and Thailand in a week or so and would like not to bring my laptop. However, I am addicted to FT (and work) and need to check emails and chat online when I'm there. Can anyone recommend a few good (and cheap) Internet Cafe's in Singapore and BKK?

Thanks in advance.
I don't recall in Singapore, but they are all over BKK and run about 20 baht an hour or so. Just ask at the hotel or wander around for a few minutes and you're likely to run into a few. Asking for specifics would be futile because it really depends on where you're staying. BKK is a big city, and as I said, they are all over the place. If you're at a major hotel, you might want to give the hotel and possibly people who have stayed there can give more specific advice.
Old Dec 30, 2005, 11:05 am
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
They are indeed all over BKK, at least in the touristy areas. Most of the ones I used ran 1 Baht per minute ($US 1.50/hr). Not quite as many in SIN, but you won't have a problem finding one. To me the tradoff of carrying a laptop wasn't worth it, especially if using Asian LCCs with their very low luggage allowance.

Fast broadband connections, though you run into some internet cafes using Win98 and not XP. Every once in a while you will have to hunt for the "@" key. I just copied and pasted it, since I can never remember the shortcut on the keyboard.

Enjoy your trip.

EmailKid
Old Dec 30, 2005, 11:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: No more status...just doing my best in burning my points/miles.
Thanks, I figured that BKK wouldn't be a problem, but was a little more curious over singapore. You hit it right on the head with laptop and baggage allowances. My GF wants to do some shopping and I'm worried about the baggage allowances. Thanks.
Old Dec 30, 2005, 1:36 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
There's a couple on line guides to cafes, but as often as they come and go the information is not always up to date. Here's one site I've used:
http://www.world66.com/netcafeguide
Old Dec 30, 2005, 2:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: aa/ua gold; mar titanium. SPG till I die.
Singapore internet cafe's double as gaming centers where kids get together and go gaming like with halflife.. it can get loud.

The housing blocks around S'pore tend to have them...
Old Dec 31, 2005, 10:47 pm

Programs: UA/Plat, AS MPV
Similarly in BKK - find an air-conditioned shop with computers set up inside and that's your local friendly internet access point ~20-30 baht/hr. Another option is the top floor of MBK shopping centre. I think max rates were 30 baht/hr but dropped to 30 baht/2hrs in off-peak.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.