Wiki Posts
Search

london hotel

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2005, 10:45 pm

Programs: OW/AA, DL, UA; Marriott Titanium
Has anyone stayed at this place?

Vicerage Hotel, London

It seems to have gotten very good reviews (Trip Advisor, etc.) and the price isn't too bad.

Last edited by skye1; Dec 28, 2005 at 10:52 pm
Old Jan 4, 2006, 7:55 am

Programs: LH FTL, Ex UA 1P
Travelodge Farringon - Brief Review

A little later than I thought, but here is my promised review:

Stayed at the London Farringdon Travelodge for three nights in December for 26GBP/night.
Room was nice and clean, with own shower/bathroom, non-smoking, TV with 3 channels (more if you pay on demand), water kettle for tea and coffee. Although the room was facing the main road, there was practically no noise coming into the room.
Didn't buy breakfast, so cannot comment on it.

All in all, I'd stay there again, especially since they now have an offer for rooms starting at 10GBP (Travelodge website )

Hope that helps
David
Old Jan 4, 2006, 8:31 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by grbflyer
Thats right, im moving up in the world! no hostels on this trip. need a budget hotel, i know some hotels can be listed on hostels.com but i was reading some reviews on expedia among others and they dont sound much better than hotels. anyone have any luck or recommendations? will be there in feb for one or two nites.

grb
Priceline has been working well for central London at the Thistle Marble Arch particularly for 51-53, especially this month and next.

Travelodge .... never seems to have the cheapest rates available whenever I've looked just out of curiosity.

Priceline and Hotwire still serve great deals in London.
Old Jan 5, 2006, 5:33 am

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold, BD..oh, wait..
Thistle Marble Arch? *shudder*

My experience with Travelodge is quite different - I just booked another 3 26 rate nights at the exact hotel I wanted on the weekend I wanted them! I'm happy
Old Jan 9, 2006, 6:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Nothing, nowhere!
Best Western is offering a 2 nights for 1 (bed and breakfast) deal at the moment. Works out anywhere between 45 and 60 a night and a couple of the locations are really central.

http://www.bestwestern.co.uk/microsites/2for1atoc/

All you need is a train ticket which you'll probably have anyway.
Old Jan 11, 2006, 3:31 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, HH, SPG
easy hotel

anyone stayed in an 'easy hotel' in london?

http://easyhotel.com/
Old Jan 11, 2006, 5:56 pm

Originally Posted by colmc
Thistle Marble Arch? *shudder*

My experience with Travelodge is quite different - I just booked another 3 26 rate nights at the exact hotel I wanted on the weekend I wanted them! I'm happy
What's wrong with the Thistle Marble Arch?

What Travelodge did you obtain? I'm sure they're fine, but the reviews for the London ones are much worse than for the Thistle Marble Arch. That said, if you got the 26-pound rate, who can complain?
Old Jan 11, 2006, 6:02 pm

I've had bad experiences at Thistle properties which have put my right off. In March I have to stay at the Thistle Tower - now the Guoman (or more cruelly GUM) Tower, their new luxury brand. I can only wonder what this experience will be like!

As for Travelodge - I got London Kew Bridge - clean, modern build with good links to Heathrow and West/Central London..that'll do me nicely
Old Jan 11, 2006, 6:13 pm

Originally Posted by colmc
As for Travelodge - I got London Kew Bridge - clean, modern build with good links to Heathrow and West/Central London..that'll do me nicely
That looks good. Do you take the train into London from Kew Bridge railway station? How long does it take and how much does it cost?
Old Jan 12, 2006, 4:54 am

Well most my business was in Hammersmith and Sheperds Bush so it certainly worked out with buses directly to both! When I went into Central London I normally took the short bus ride to South Ealing tube and the Piccadilly line from there. I believe the train takes about 30 minutes and goes into Waterloo. As for cost, I can't tell you - I use an Oyster card so normally have weekly unlimited travel!
Old Jan 12, 2006, 2:33 pm

I would just reiterate the priceline recommendation. For my trip in March, I picked up the 4 star hotels Novotel Euston for $60 and the Hilton Olympia in Kensington for $66.

Although, none of the reviews on either property are spectacular. It seems like the deals on priceline are a better value than paying 30-40 pounds at a deep budget place.
Old Jan 13, 2006, 1:54 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
The Thistle Marble Arch comes up on priceline even cheaper than the Hilton Olmypia. The Hilton Olympia is not that bad, but has noise issues with wind noise and street noise coming into those rooms that face the main street on which the hotel rests.
Old Jan 18, 2006, 2:54 am

Programs: Marco Polo Club/TG*Sliver
try this one mate, I stayed for 3 nights and it was very very nice.
Premier Travel Inn
London Kensington
Knaresborough Place
London
Tel: 0870283304

Very nice room!!!! It costed me about GBP79.95 per night.

Well, try those people said before Travelodge is very nice too, it's a bit like motel in New Zealand but much nicer.

Hope you can have a good stay in London!!! I love the UK so much!!!! and I miss it!!!
Old Jan 18, 2006, 12:43 pm

he Hilton Olympia is not that bad, but has noise issues with wind noise and street noise coming into those rooms that face the main street on which the hotel rests.
I would totally agree - as hotels go, it's not bad, but it has the potential for noise if your room is facing to the street.
Old Jan 20, 2006, 7:48 pm

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
I like to check www.laterooms.com
Its great for London and the rest of the UK as well as the world. I also like, as mentioned earlier www.londontown.com

London is a great city. Heading back there in March.
Cheers

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.