Where to take my parents in Sydney?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Where to take my parents in Sydney?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2024, 5:06 am
Original Poster

Talking Where to take my parents in Sydney?

My parents are visiting me will be staying for 3 days. They're in their 60s and this is their 2nd visit. I'm confused where to take them. im looking for relaxing activities and food joints near the CBD, because that's where I live. We have visited the zoo, blue mountains, Opera House, and some pubs and cafes in the CBD.

All suggestions are welcome.

Old Mar 13, 2024, 2:41 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Why not take them to the point near Mrs Macquarie’s Chair for a great view of both the Sydney Harbour Bridge and the Opera House? Bonus: take them there at sunrise or sunset for some great views.

While they are there, they can also enjoy some leisure time in the Royal Botanic Garden.

Best of all — as this is the Budget Travel forum — this experience can potentially cost nothing at all.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2024, 4:58 am
Original Poster

Wow thanks! I never thought about that! My parents love gardens and they will surely love the views. thanks for the suggestion again!
Old Mar 14, 2024, 8:20 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Originally Posted by aprilscottas7
Wow thanks! I never thought about that! My parents love gardens and they will surely love the views. thanks for the suggestion again!
You are more than welcome.

I personally walked from Circular Quay to there and back; but transportation should not cost much if you or your parents prefer not to walk...

...and you can still take in all of the dining options that that part of Sydney has to offer.
Old Mar 19, 2024, 3:31 am
Original Poster

we'll see. they definitely love walking around. i think we saw a glimpse of the chair when we went on a dinner cruise. it was on the red paddle wheeler. that day was awesome too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.