Wiki Posts
Search

Anyone ever flown on Pegasus Airlines?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2013, 5:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Platinum, Avis Chairman, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, GA Pilot
Anyone ever flown on Pegasus Airlines?

Thinking about flying them from TLV-SAW-ORY but interested to hear about it before committing to that long a flight. I am a big fan of both Ryanair and Easyjet so if it's similar I'll be ok.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 7:22 am
sfx

http://www.airlinequality.com/Forum/pegasus.htm
Old Jan 15, 2013, 9:50 am

Programs: Holder of six "persona non-grata" awards
Originally Posted by NYTA
Thinking about flying them from TLV-SAW-ORY but interested to hear about it before committing to that long a flight. I am a big fan of both Ryanair and Easyjet so if it's similar I'll be ok.
I prefer Unicorn Airways...
Old Jan 15, 2013, 12:07 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Bonvoy Gold, UA G
I flew on them. Kind of indifferent FAs. It was odd. I had booked a ticket on Atlasjet from IST to Izmir and the return was ultimately operated by Pegasus.
Somehow my 6'3 frame fit in the seats.
I wouldn't be totally against flying on them again but I would have preferred TK on the route I took, except they were multiples more expensive, something like 600 vs 200.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 12:11 pm
Original Poster

Same here - on a TLV-Paris ticket, TK is something like $720, Pegasus is $388 and AF is closer to $1,000.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 12:43 pm

Flown them multiple times including some long flights. Pros: on time, one free checked bag, easy cheapish online change of dates & destinations which I used multiple times and would have cost a packet of TK. Cons: food is pricy so pack your own. Food in SAW is pretty expensive too.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 4:20 pm

I've flown them from Istanbul to Kayseri. No complaints at all. I was expecting something like RyanAir, but it was a little better. Its not like you'll be flying them on majorly long flights. They have a lot of good sales. My only advice is depending on the airports, make sure you have arranged transportation to your hotel ahead of time. We arrived in Kayseri, and needed to get to a nearby city, but there wasn't any transit options in the airport.
Old Jan 20, 2013, 3:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM - AF G – TK G – AZ Ex – Hilton D – Marriott G – IHG P
Yep... Turkish domestic. I agree with the others. It's not nice, but it's cheap and better than a bus.
Old Jan 23, 2013, 12:22 pm

I flew Pegasus ASR-SAW-FCO this past fall. Flights were on time and had no complaints regarding the service. I had pre-ordered a meal for the SAW-FCO flight. Meal was actually quite tasty. Food at the SAW airport is expensive.
Old Jan 27, 2013, 10:02 pm

Programs: Vietnam, Asiana, Singapore, EVA, Southwest
Pegasus is the Southwest Airlines of Turkey. I flew them from Istanbul SAW to Tbilisi TBS last year - newer planes, but it's an LCC. I don't think I'd want to travel too far on Pegasus, but it's a very well run carrier. They've been expanding like hell the past few years. Look them up on Wiki - I believe the president of this carrier is a woman.

Only downside to Pegasus is the spamming in Turkish - had to filter them out of my emails
Old Feb 3, 2013, 2:56 am
Original Poster

Wish me luck - I am flying them tomorrow from TLV to Paris. Will report back later
Old Feb 5, 2013, 1:51 am

Good luck
Old Feb 6, 2013, 3:41 am
Original Poster

Brief trip report as I'm just back and off to another trip shortly:

In short - I'd fly PG again. It's better than Easyjet and Ryanair (seats recline, you get one free checked bag) although similarities are that you have to pay extra for reserved seating and for food - but the food looks pretty decent (I wasn't hungry but observed what my neighbors ate).

Planes were new 737s with decent leather seats and an airshow system.

For PriorityPass holders, there's a nice, empty lounge at SAW with a snack selection that's better than any Skyteam lounge I've ever been in and overall, SAW is a nice airport and much better than the horror that is LTN.

Only drawback in SAW is a long line for transit pax to go through security.

Considering I paid less than $500 to fly TLV-ORY when it was $750 on TK and $1,200 on LY and AF to CDG, it was the right choice and I'd do it again. Now, if only they'd join an airline alliance so I can get some miles!
Old Feb 14, 2013, 2:24 am

NYTA - how long did it take for you to clear security? What mct would you suggest at SAW?
Old Feb 14, 2013, 2:36 am
Original Poster

It took about half an hour-40 minutes to get through the line. If you don't need a visa for turkey, theoretically you can exit the airport and come back in much faster than that but I didn't want to pay 15 euros for the visa. What is "mct"?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.