Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Budget Travel
Reload this Page >

If Terravision low cost airport bus cancels departure, is reasonable to cover taxi?

If Terravision low cost airport bus cancels departure, is reasonable to cover taxi?

Old Oct 19, 2016, 12:16 am
TA
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K MM

I would love to get your independent advice on this issue, all:

If we were scheduled to take a Terravision bus (you know the low cost airport bus carrier that services Ryanair-style airports), and the bus departure got canceled -- and due to a simultaneous national train strike we had no other means to get to our departure airport except a $150 taxi ride away...

Would it be within the realm of possibility to suggest that Terravision is responsible for reimbursement of the taxi ride?

Or should I basically consider that trying to milk blood from a stone, insist on refund of the original bus fare, and leave it at that?

Thanks!
Old Oct 19, 2016, 12:41 am

Programs: Star Alliance
I would just insist on refund and leave it, if you have travel insurance then they will be the one who you have a chance to milk out the taxi charges.
Old Oct 19, 2016, 5:33 am

All public transport operators have exclusions for circumstances beyond their control. Here are Terravision's
http://http://www.terravision.eu/ter...sponsabilities

In short - no chance of compensation
Old Oct 19, 2016, 11:18 pm
TA
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K MM
Thanks for all your help!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.