Wiki Posts
Search

Las Vegas - Budget or Fox

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2012, 6:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Aegean Gold, IHG Platinum Elite, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Las Vegas - Budget or Fox

I've found a rate at Fox $20 below the Budget rate that I got through Costco.

Any recommendations on who to go with?

I can also get ok rates with Alamo and Payless. Are any of these two a better option than Budget at Las Vegas?
Old Feb 11, 2012, 8:46 pm

Programs: Costco Club
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but at Las Vegas McCarran Airport I believe FOX is not at the consolidated facility, meaning, you have to take a different shuttle, I do believe that Budget, Payless and Alamo are at the Consolidated facility however.

Dedicated McCarran Rent-A-Car Center shuttles depart approximately every five minutes to the new McCarran Rent-A-Car Center. Exit door 10 or 11. Taxicabs are also available at the McCarran Rent-A-Car Center.

For information about the McCarran Rent-A-Car Center, call 702-261-6001.

Companies at the consolidated facility: Advantage, Budget, Hertz, Alamo/National, Dollar, Payless, Enterprise, Thrifty, Avis, E-Z Rent-A-Car

Last edited by StevenSeagalFan; Feb 11, 2012 at 8:52 pm
Old Feb 11, 2012, 8:50 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Gold, UA 2P
You take the shuttle to that facility and then take another shuttle to the fox stand. I used them 2 years ago no problem, waited an extra 2 minutes.
Old Feb 11, 2012, 8:54 pm

Programs: UA/AA
Yelp reviews of Fox.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/fox-rent-a-car-las-vegas-2

Good luck.
Old Apr 28, 2012, 12:50 am

Programs: AC
I'd go budget.
Old May 1, 2012, 1:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Aegean Gold, IHG Platinum Elite, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Update:

I ended up going with Budget as I managed to beat the lowest Fox price by a healthy amount and for a Premium car. It was still through Costco.

Apart from the selling attempt (where they tried to give me a smaller car for more money), no issues. Got a nearly new Maxima which was great for mountain roads, but not so great for fuel economy.
Old May 9, 2012, 11:11 am

I've never used Fox as LAS, but on my last two rentals with Budget at LAS, Budget has charged my credit card close to $20 extra. I've called both times and been told it was for fuel. They removed the charge, but both time I dropped it off full and my return receipt even said it was full.

Seems like they are trying to slip on past and hope it isn't noticed.
Old May 11, 2012, 8:36 pm

Programs: SW Rapid Rewards, Hilton Honors, Marriott, Avis First
Originally Posted by mmax1
I've never used Fox as LAS, but on my last two rentals with Budget at LAS, Budget has charged my credit card close to $20 extra. I've called both times and been told it was for fuel. They removed the charge, but both time I dropped it off full and my return receipt even said it was full.

Seems like they are trying to slip on past and hope it isn't noticed.
Budget LAS has to be one of the worst stations in the chain.

I am usually loyal to Budget, but never at LAS. Three times I have been burned by their business practices including them reneging in a published rate (with a confirmation in hand), and them refusing to call my credit card company and release the supposed inadvertent hold of $750 they put on my Visa for a $76 and change rental ("It will drop off eventually" I was told).

Just awful service.
Old May 14, 2012, 5:10 pm

Programs: Hertz Presidents Circle, National EE, Lots of Stupid CCs&The I Am Crazy Enough To Actually Pay For F
Originally Posted by PhoenixRev
Budget LAS has to be one of the worst stations in the chain.

I am usually loyal to Budget, but never at LAS. Three times I have been burned by their business practices including them reneging in a published rate (with a confirmation in hand), and them refusing to call my credit card company and release the supposed inadvertent hold of $750 they put on my Visa for a $76 and change rental ("It will drop off eventually" I was told).

Just awful service.
what garbage!

on another note to the OP, 1 thing thats silly lately is that not all premium class cars mean the same with each company. the main thing for me is some companies give you leather (big priority for me) for sure while some dont.
not sure if this is important to you or not. Also for $20 it migth be worth it to be able to not have to go to an outside facility.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.