Cheaper from Expedia (.ca) than Budget direct

Old Jan 30, 2011, 7:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC Subhuman (*A silver), NW Barely Alive
Cheaper from Expedia (.ca) than Budget direct

I have an interesting rental coming up in HNL. I scoured my codes database (and those here) and couldn't come with anything for a standard on Budget.com for less than $360ish taxes incl. Expedia.ca (and only .ca - the .com and .co.uk/.de don't have this rate) had it for $245ish. It's a pre-paid rate, but fully refundable. Is this like a Hotwire-price rate with the benefit of refundability?

Anyone know what's the score? The only downside is no Fastbreak added to the rental, so I might have to stand in line; though the rental confirmation info said to hit the Fastbreak line anyway.

I'll make sure to check Expedia in the future -- it's not something I usually did, because they either were the same as Budget.com or way more expensive.
Old Mar 6, 2011, 4:34 pm

Programs: AC E50k, Hilton HHonors, Novotel Aclub
Same for me at PHX this next week - a solid 50% less at Expedia.ca than Budget. Wondering if I will be hit with any surprise charges at the counter?
Old Mar 20, 2011, 11:55 am
Y..

My guess would be you have to live in Canada to take advantage of these rates. Canadian dollar ration is different. As of today, $1.00 US dollar is to CA $1.01. They may want proof that you live there. Obviously you have to show a drivers license. I would careful on this one. You are right, you don't want any surprises at the check in counter.
Old Mar 20, 2011, 12:02 pm

Programs: AC E50k, Hilton HHonors, Novotel Aclub
Follow-up...absolutely no surprises for me in PHX a couple of weeks ago. All worked great, no issues, no extra charges. Their supplemental insurance was heavily promoted, but easily declined.
Old Mar 21, 2011, 2:40 am

Programs: Delta Silver, United 2P, SQ, SPG Plat, PC Plat AMB, Hyatt Dia, Hilton Gold, Accor Plat
Any suggestions on find a friendly Budget (or other) dealer in Boston (Logan is best) for a 1 way rental (SUV) to Hartford where we can avoid the drop / convenience fee?
Old Mar 21, 2011, 4:15 am

Budget usually doesn't have a separate drop fee like the discounters but a higher daily rate. Please post questions like this in the general Other thread so more people can give you input. I recommend checking Hertz neighborhood stores in the Boston suburbs.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.