HHonors 5,000 Promo

Old Mar 3, 2011, 4:08 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
HHonors 5,000 Promo

Quick question: I noticed the HHonors 5,000 promo on the Q1 2011 Hot list, but nobody's talking about it here. Any particular reason why?

I'm usually a National guy but National is jacking up its DAL rates big-time starting in April. I always do 2-day weekend rentals there in the $20-25/day range.

Budget seems to have this, plus 5,000 HH points per rental all years long, plus $25 in Budget Bucks every two rentals.

Am I missing something?

Yes, I'm forgoing fractions of National Free Days, perhaps some future perks of National top-tier status, and the ability to pick from very nice Executive Selection cars. But I literally drive these cars 50 miles tops so I don't mind slumming it in whatever Budget served up in the mid/standard category. At a clip of 5k HH times about 25 rentals, I'm thinking it's worth it...
Old Mar 4, 2011, 2:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Update: They changed the webpage, literally today. Yesterday the promo listed as Dec 31, 2011 expiry. Today it's April 30, 2011.

Thus my question is answered.

Maybe I'll throw Budget a rental or two anyway... Disappointing that they cut off this promo early.
Old Mar 5, 2011, 8:27 am

The Budget Bucks...

thingy expires 3/31 as I recall (has been a very good offer), and I dunno, I finally got rid of 100k+ Hilton points, have no desire to accumulate any hotel points from this point on. Budget and other "name" car rental agencies around here...SJC and SFO still have abnormally high rates, so for the time being, I've opted for alternatives even though (gulp) I get no mileage, simply because the rental rates are so much lower. But yea, the Budget Bucks promo which I don't think was very well publicized, has been a good deal.

Originally Posted by pinniped
Quick question: I noticed the HHonors 5,000 promo on the Q1 2011 Hot list, but nobody's talking about it here. Any particular reason why?

I'm usually a National guy but National is jacking up its DAL rates big-time starting in April. I always do 2-day weekend rentals there in the $20-25/day range.

Budget seems to have this, plus 5,000 HH points per rental all years long, plus $25 in Budget Bucks every two rentals.

Am I missing something?

Yes, I'm forgoing fractions of National Free Days, perhaps some future perks of National top-tier status, and the ability to pick from very nice Executive Selection cars. But I literally drive these cars 50 miles tops so I don't mind slumming it in whatever Budget served up in the mid/standard category. At a clip of 5k HH times about 25 rentals, I'm thinking it's worth it...
Old Mar 5, 2011, 2:34 pm
Original Poster

I think Budget Bucks has been extended to 12/31/11...

I'm like you...I bailed out of HH when they announced the massive devaluation back in early 2010.

But still, 5k per rental...not bad. I still have my HH Amex so at least I have Gold status and access to decent 4-night awards.
Old Mar 11, 2011, 10:32 am

Location: AA Gold/Million Miler,DL dirt,UA1K/Million Miler;Honors Silver,Marriott Gold;Avis Preferred,Hertz Prez Circle, Nat'l Exec Elite
I have done this several times as early as late Jan and have yet to see the 5K points post(even though all my receipts show the proper codes, FF# and the 5K points). I am kind of leery of throwing Budget a lot of biz till I see some results on my HHonors statements.
Old Apr 1, 2011, 9:15 am

So I emailed Budget about the missing points from a January rental and they said that HH had rejected my HH account number as invalid... Seems like I am in for a run-around.

It's too bad, since in combination with the $25 bonus bucks promo, it's a decent reward. I wonder if it would be easier to get 5K Carlson points.
Old Apr 2, 2011, 1:36 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold
Can someone provide a link to this promo. I've been looking on the Hilton and Budget websites and can't find it. Thanks.
Old Apr 4, 2011, 2:06 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond Reserve, HHonors Gold, Plat Priority Club
Originally Posted by Jeeves
Can someone provide a link to this promo. I've been looking on the Hilton and Budget websites and can't find it. Thanks.
Here is the link https://www.budget.com/budgetWeb/htm...promotion.html
or here https://hiltonhhonors.com/processLan...tnrLnch,2Q08LP

Last edited by jmichaeljordan; Apr 4, 2011 at 2:15 pm Reason: update website
Old Apr 5, 2011, 7:24 am

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold
Thanks!
Old Apr 5, 2011, 7:11 pm

Hilton's program just announced...

award stays with points + dollars (the dollars is the new part), so accumulation of points thru car rentals might be worth a second look (me = skeptic who "dumped aka spent") all my hilton pts last year...

Originally Posted by Jeeves

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.